players can duplicate items in a chest

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Slugslug, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Slugslug

Its possible to right click some items in a chest and have them drop copies in to free chest places..

I've removed all plugins and this is still the case

[INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-753-g34e310c-b803jnks (MC: 1.5_02)

2. Right click doesn't duplicate items. It allows you to pick up half the stack or place a single item (depending on whether you picked something up or are placing it).

3. Offline

Slugslug

yes I know that. what am saying is players can right click a single item (and pick it up) and then right click an empty space in chest and drop that single item and also keep hold of it - allowing them to right click another empty space to drop item in -- while again still keeping hold of it.

This does not happen all the time. the 'generator' item remains able to generate after restarts etc - the items it generates can not (so far) become generators..

hope this clears it up?

4. So it's certain specific borked item stacks that are doing it? You should back this up so people can study it.

5. Offline

Slugslug

not sure what you mean by borked, for instance the last item to do it was a single stone axe, I placed in chest - right clicked it & it duplicated. that same axe then duplicates every time I right click after relogs & restarts I end up chucking them in lava as its a no spawn server (itpro.co.cc should you wish to try it, if I find another after weekend I will post here with its location)

6. Borked is just a word for extremely buggy, broken beyond repair, that kinda thing.

I'm interested in seeing this next time you find one.

7. Offline

1lann

It kinda states so in the wiki:
    Items received from a Furnace sometimes have no stack number, items from the furnace can also be duplicated by right clicking.
    But it should have been fixed in 1.6.4

8. Offline

Lolmewn

Lets wait for bukkit to release some 1.6.4 version which doesnt lag :p

9. Offline

Slugslug

right am on 1.6 and prob is still there - I have an axe if someone wants to see it

10. I'd look but I'm keeping my client at 1.5 for now.

Just to be sure, you already said you tried with no server mods, but do you have any client mods?

11. Offline

Slugslug

yer tried with no mods & I have no client side mods

12. Do any of your players have client mods?

13. Offline

Slugslug

not sure - but its happened when am on alone

14. Offline

Slugslug

right ok - dunno whats causing this but its not limited to chests, I can drop an item - it drops but i keep hold of it at same time!

^^ about that I just restarted server with no plugins - the things I could drop but keep have gone from my inventory..

maybe it is plugin related..

Achievements.jar
    advancedbans_v0.3.jar
    AppleTreePlugin.jar
    AssignPermissions.jar
    AutoMessage.jar
    AutoPlant.jar
    AutoReplace.jar
    BukkitContrib.jar
    bukkitPiston.jar
    CraftBukkitUpToDate.jar
    dynmap.jar
    ecoCreature.jar
    Essentials.jar
    EssentialsProtect.jar
    EssentialsSpawn.jar
    HeroicDeath.jar
    IceDrop.jar
    iChat.jar
    iConomy.jar
    LogBlock.jar
    LogBlockQuestioner.jar
    Lottery.jar
    mcMMO.jar
    Money2XP.jar
    MonsterHunt.jar
    NoCheat.jar
    Permissions.jar
    RealShop.jar
    Residence.jar
    SimpleReserve.jar
    Stats.jar
    uQuest.jar
    WorldEdit.jar
    WorldGuard.jar

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  15. Of the plugins you listed that I know, none of those can do what you've been describing. I don't know what to tell you though.

Could have even been Notch's fault.

16. Offline

Slugslug

right I've got a sappling - moved /plugins to /plugins.old (removed all plugins) started server and I can still duplicate sapling..

care to join server to see?

17. Lemme back up my 1.5 and I'll come check it out.

18. Offline

Slugslug

cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.