[?] Player Invisibilty bug

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by caldabeast, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

caldabeast

I'm having a severe issue with player invisibility. It happens at random times and I have no idea what triggers it. In terms of fixing it, I tried the following code in an onPlayerMove event (I read somewhere that that code should work), and it did nothing to solve the problem.

Code:java
    2. //inside onMove, doesn't work
    3. final Player player = e.getPlayer();
    4. for (final Player p : Bukkit.getOnlinePlayers()){
    5. p.showPlayer(player);
    6. }

Any ideas?

2. Offline

Supertt007

My temporary solution for my server is to disguise the player to himself and then undisguise him on teleport. Works perfectly for now until there is a better solution. (Requires DisguiseCraft)

3. Offline

caldabeast

Is DisguiseCraft an API?

Yes. It is. Herp

Just tried the DisguiseCraft fix and it didn't help.
    Thats two attempts down. Anyone else at all have any idea?

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  4. Offline

Supertt007

Sorry I forgot to mention that you will need a few seconds delay after the teleport

5. Offline

the_merciless

There was a bukkit bug which caused players to be invisible if they were teleported to a different world at exactly the same time. This was fixed recently so if this could be relevant to you maybe try using a more recent dev build.

6. Offline

bob9

This was happening for me and is still an open bug related to respawning. Hacky fix for it: in the player respawn event, teleport the player to some far away spot like 1000,128,1000 , then immediately teleport them back. I also had to teleport them a second time to the spawn point a second later because they were teleporting into the ground due to slight lag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.