PEX unable to load file backend! Also need help with other things

Discussion in 'General Help' started by SaintFlareGhost, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SaintFlareGhost

When loading my server, I have a few errors (about five) this is the biggest one. Notletting me use PEX
    Code:
    [21:57:30] [Server thread/INFO]: [PermissionsEx] Loading PermissionsEx v1.20.4
    [21:57:30] [Server thread/INFO]: [PermissionsEx] Initializing file backend
    [21:57:30] [Server thread/ERROR]: [PermissionsEx]
    ========== UNABLE TO LOAD PERMISSIONS BACKEND =========
    Your configuration must be fixed before PEX will enable
    Details: Error loading permissions file!
    =======================================================
    ru.tehkode.permissions.exceptions.PermissionBackendException: Error loading permissions file!
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.reload(FileBackend.java:255) ~[PermissionsEx.jar:?]
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.initialize(FileBackend.java:79) ~[PermissionsEx.jar:?]
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.setBackend(PermissionManager.java:430) ~[PermissionsEx.jar:?]
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.initBackend(PermissionManager.java:496) ~[PermissionsEx.jar:?]
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.<init>(PermissionManager.java:54) ~[PermissionsEx.jar:?]
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.onLoad(PermissionsEx.java:87) [PermissionsEx.jar:?]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:374) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:152) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
    Caused by: org.bukkit.configuration.InvalidConfigurationException: while scanning for the next token
    found character     '\t(TAB)' that cannot start any token. (Do not use \t(TAB) for indentation)
    in 'string', line 99, column 1:
               - permissions.*
        ^

at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:57) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:226) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:169) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.reload(FileBackend.java:243) ~[PermissionsEx.jar:?]
        ... 9 more
    Caused by: org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerException: while scanning for the next token; found character     '\t(TAB)' that cannot start any token. (Do not use \t(TAB) for indentation);  in 'string', line 99, column 1:
               - permissions.*
        ^
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:420) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:226) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingValue.produce(ParserImpl.java:586) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:158) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:143) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:132) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:237) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:159) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:237) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:159) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:122) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:120) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:481) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:400) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:55) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:226) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:169) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-1646]
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.reload(FileBackend.java:243) ~[PermissionsEx.jar:?]
        ... 9 more
    [21:57:30] [Server thread/INFO]: [WorldEdit] Loading WorldEdit v5.6.3

I also have these:
    [21:57:34] [Server thread/ERROR]: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.cache.CacheBuilder.maximumSize(J)Lcom/google/common/cache/CacheBuilder;

[21:57:34] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling Essentials vTeamCity (Is it up to date?)

[21:57:34] [Server thread/ERROR]: Essentials not installed or failed to load. Essenials Protect is in emergency mode now.

[21:57:33] [Server thread/ERROR]: [PermissionsEx] ==== PermissionsEx could not be enabled due to an earlier error. Look at the previous server log for more info ====
    I was thinking of reinstalling essentials (cause at the looks of this i think i should)
    But PEX I think can be fixed.
    This is my PEX pastebin: http://pastebin.com/jn4cR1dr

Someone pls halp :3

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
  2. Offline

nverdier

@SaintFlareGhost It's a problem with your YAML format. Put it through a parser and fix all of the errors it gives you.

3. Offline

SaintFlareGhost

I HAVE MANY OF TIMES! ITS NOT WORKING.
    TRY IT URSELF

Oops sorry for caps^

<merged posts. try using edit. ~Eya>

4. Offline

nverdier

@SaintFlareGhost Why would I do it? You're the one having the problem, and we're here to help you, not do it all for you.

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives.

6. Offline

SaintFlareGhost

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  7. Offline

nverdier

@SaintFlareGhost Hmm not completely sure... Did you delete the config files? Maybe back them up somewhere and let the files regenerate to see if it fixes the problem.

8. Offline

Larry Newman

@SaintFlareGhost When you're reinstalling PEX, but you're getting the same error, you cannot use Tabs in your YAML Files. Tabs meaning do not use the TAB key located directly above your Caps Lock key and below the Tilda key on a standard keyboard. If you're using a tab then putting the permission - permissions.* on line 99 once again, then you are causing the plugin to break silly :p

Do a COMPLETELY clean reinstall of PEX and do NOT edit any file then see if you get the same error. Delete the plugin's folder and restart your server so it regenerates.

9. Offline

nverdier

@Larry Newman It's a problem with size for the CacheBuilder, not tabs... That was fixed a while ago. But I agree with the complete reinstall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.