PermissionsEx suffix/prefix

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ThunderWaffeMC, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ThunderWaffeMC

Hello, I have a suffix and prefix added with &e (yellow text) meaning the message the player sends should be yellow.

prefix: '&e[Citizen]'
    suffix: '&e:'

The message sends as white but with the prefix and suffix working. I am using EssentialsChat (I have tried it with ChatManager so it must be a pex thing). I would like the message sent to be yellow (&e).

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. Offline

adexder12

Get iChat, Run the server, go into the iChat folder, go into config, and where it says "message-format: '+iname:+message' " and change it to: message-format: '+iname:&e +message'
    That should do the trick ;)

3. Offline

ThunderWaffeMC

But I don't want all the ranks to have &e (yellow) messages but only the citizen rank. And the problem is also with other ranks and I want to set it so Admin is &c (red).

4. Offline

TomYaMee

Alright... I'll need your essentials config .... pastebin or pastie it

5. Offline

Necrodoom

could set a group-format for citizen in essentials config and set color there.

6. Offline

ThunderWaffeMC

Configuration:

chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks. Set to 0 to make all chat global.
    # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
    # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
    # Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
    # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
    radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat
    # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
    # If set to the default chat format which "should" be compatible with ichat.
    # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting

format: '{DISPLAYNAME} {MESSAGE}'
    #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
    # Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    # Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

# If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.

7. Offline

TomYaMee

format: '{DISPLAYNAME} {MESSAGE}'
    to
    format: '{DISPLAYNAME} &e{MESSAGE}'

try this

8. Offline

ThunderWaffeMC

Yes but as I said before I have more than the one rank and I want the other ranks to have a different message colour. Example: Citizen has yellow message, VIP has red message, Administrator has purple message etc... Permissions should do this by adding &e or &c after the rank.

9. Offline

TomYaMee

Then use the group format
    Code:
    group-formats:
    # Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    # Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

ThunderWaffeMC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.