Permissions- no clue how to do them.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by sophiacloskey, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sophiacloskey

I just made my own server, and got some plugins, but i have NO CLUE how to give people permissions without making them mods. It says on the plugin details something about permissions, but nothing on actually how to give people them without making them a mod.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@sophiacloskey You need a permissions plugin for that.
    LuckPerms or PEX are good picks these days.

3. Offline

Xp10d3

Like timtower said use a permissions plugin. bPermissions is actually better then PEX in my opinion but if you are having issues with it LuckPerms is also great but it's hard to use. When you upload bPermissions/PermissionsEx a few files should pop up and a folder or two. With bPermissions you want to open the global folder and then the groups.yml file. In game do /permissions helpme and then refresh the page. You should see a bunch of permissions appear. Then you can manually add permissions one by one. With PermissionsEx it's a bit more complicated. A permissions.yml file should appear when restarting the server. You have to manually add groups/ranks and then the permissions. LuckPerms is even more complicated, but bear in mind you have to create groups and add permissions in game only. If you are still confused there are a few tutorials out there that can help you out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.