Permission change based on time played, offering $10

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by semibreve42, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Offline

semibreve42

I'm willing to pay $10 for this, or to whomever gets TimeRank working in 1.8 and with PermissionsEX.

I could have sworn there was a plugin that already did this, but I can't seem to find it. I would be very grateful if someone could whip up a plugin that can change a player's group based on total time on server.

MCStats already keeps track of total time played, so I imagine that this would be as easy as -

Checking every X amount of minutes if any players have a time played within the range of X above the time specified by the server admin (if they want the players to get elevated after 2 hours, then you just have to check if anyone's total playtime is between 2 and 2+x. Take any of the players who fit that, and change their permission accordingly.

The plugin could be more extensible if it allowed the admin to put in a command to run when a player reached a certain playtime instead of changing group membership.

I have no experience with either java or programming for bukkit, or I would write this myself (my experience is all in basic... :-(.

I've now discovered timerank, which did this along with a few other things. Unfortuanately it's gone into disrepair by the looks of it.

Anyone want to pick it up?

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...odes-groups-economy-support-1000.21465/page-9

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  2. Offline

Zaros

Ill take a look at it in a bit for ya.

3. Offline

Specops343

4. Offline

semibreve42

PermissionsEX

Thanks in advance. I'll assume you'll take payment through your paypal button? :)

5. Offline

Daniel Heppner

YES! A server owner that uses PEX! :D

6. Offline

Specops343

:p I should have it rewritten tomorrow, once i work my way through the code. And yes, i use pex too :p

@semibreve42 Well, I guess the dev is randomly back now, and has decided to support it again. :/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
    Daniel Heppner likes this.
  7. Offline

semibreve42

Thanks for looking - I hope you hadn't already started... I dropped a bit in your bucket anyway - paypal name starts with U. :)

8. Offline

Specops343