People Can't Join My Bukkit Server?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by XxDalekZWhovianXx, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I gave some of my friends my server IP and it worked and they joined, and then some other few days I made them join again and they can't login the error that showed on there screen was io.netty.channel.connecttimeoutexception: connection timed out: I am running 1.8 server and they where on 1.8 too And I have my port fowarded from MyQuest And I host my server from my laptop, It worked before they could join but now they can't. Please help. It would be great help!

2. Offline

shades161

laptops aren't great for hosting servers on, so that may be the first problem. Another problem might be the fact that your internet is too slow to allow players to join the server, so they time out and can't connect.

3. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

4. It dosen't time that out they shared there screens it shows this error on there server like it will say Connecting to server..... and 5 minutes later it will say io.netty.channel.connecttimeoutexception: connection timed out: worked before about 5 people could join, Then 3 days later they couldn't join.

@shades161
    And I heard other fourms saying "That the router can't port foward"

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  5. Offline

shades161

There are routers that don't allow ports to be forwarded, or the isp doesn't allow it, and even in some cases the firewall on the computer is preventing external connections.

6. @shades161
    How do I edit my Firewall? Windows 8.1 And my server worked before

7. Offline

shades161

8. Offline

jjvs812

You might have to setup a outgoing rule on your firewall that allows the TCP and UDP port you are forwarding to go through the firewall

9. @jjvs812 And how do you do that?

10. Offline

TheEntropy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.