PC

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by PapiDimmi, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

midnightfang22

Get 64 bit java for the 2gb ram issue...surprised no one said that yet.
    Generally computers that are dedicated to only running a server makes less lag. The computer doesn't have to be new as long as the parts are good, but typically the newer the stronger (again, it depends on what parts your computer is using).

2. Offline

zack6849

you clearly cant read, java is saying that it cant create the java virtual machine because there isnt enough ram on it, you made this dude try like 4 different batch files for no reason.

as for the isssue about cant find the path specified, its because he specifed a path for a java runtime that doesnt exist on your computer, the original java batch file you ran should work fine try this
    Code:
    @echo off
    java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    pause
    if you get an error similar to "java is not a recognized internal or external command"

then upgrade to the newest version of java and try again.

Also, a new computer is most likely unnecessary, you can buy more ram, although i suggest you either do some research first or take it to somone who knows what they're doing, because the type fo ram, and frequency, all matter, and your processor may not be able to use any new ram you get, so make sure you ask someone trustworthy​

PapiDimmi likes this.
  3. Offline

PapiDimmi

zack6849
    Thanks! It worked :D

-bump-
    Can anyone tell me how I get less lag, and what a VPS is?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  4. Offline

pullroot

If you have enough money to upgrade your computer, you should really buy some Minecraft hosting.

5. Offline

PapiDimmi

6. Offline

Onionbro

VPS. Less lag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.