Payments in raw materials with no money involved

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Dolphyn, May 31, 2014.

1. Offline

Dolphyn

Plugin category: Economy

Suggested name: ItemValue

What I want: I'm looking for a simple plugin so that you can configure any plugin using Vault to accept a raw material instead of money. I don't think it would be effective for trading; I myself would use this so players can buy claim blocks (like Precious Stones, just not a fixed amount of claim blocks for a stone).

I'm not actually sure if this is at all possible, but to set the price of something on the server (like claim blocks) in the config for that plugin you would put something like 5 DIAMOND and ItemValue would read the config. If that just totally messes up the plugin because you have to use a numerical dollar value, I have a plan for that. You could use 5.264 (5 x Item ID 264). ItemValue would then find when you are about to be charged $5.264 and replace that with 5 Diamonds.

The whole point is that there is money going around, just in the plugin code. All the players know is that they are being charged 5 diamonds to claim their land. Or 10 coal to use their magic carpet.

Ideas for commands: /iv reload - reloads plugin
    /iv sudo - everything becomes free

Ideas for permissions: itemvalue.use - lets players use items to buy things from the server
    itemvalue.sudo - If a plugin does not have a cost bypass give this to staff (if you want). They can use /iv sudo and everything will be free for them

When I'd like it by: End of this June? Although I probably should be anticipating something more like the end of this decade.