[Open Beta][WEB/ADMIN] SpaceBukkit - Web Administration the awesome way

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by Antariano, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jasvecht

Username: demo
    Password: demo

Have fun.

Also, you fixed one of the "nice yo meet you"'s, but there's still several pages with that heading in feature mode :p

2. Offline

cheese5505

Can we make web addons yet?

3. Offline

NeatMonster

Not yet.

4. Offline

5tinger

What options do we have for permisisons? SpaceBukkit permission manager (if this is built in), permission plugins?

5. Offline

Jamy

Well I'm in charge of permissions and I want something that is, ... simply said, ... awesome.. :D
    So excpect that in the open beta maybe somewhere ..

6. Offline

B3NW

I'd like to make the following suggestion for the permission system. When choosing permissions, you can turn the panel into permission mode where every buttom/tab/textbox has a checkbox next to it which allows you to select what can be clicked.

7. Offline

Antariano

We call "panel permissions" "roles" to avoid confusion with "ingame" permissions.
    They are roughly implemented, it allows you to create roles and allow access to only certain pages. A widget-selection permissions system is in the works.

8. Offline

B3NW

Yeah roles sounds much better, would the widget be similar to what I described?

9. Offline

Antariano

More or less, yes.

B3NW likes this.
  10. Offline

cheese5505

D:

11. Offline

Antariano

Just some random bureaucratic matter. When we'll release open beta I will create a new thread, and recycle this one for "2.0", since it is mostly WIP talk.
    Antariano out.

12. Offline

B3NW

Awesome, if it's not in this section, remember to update this thread with the link :) I'm guessing it's rather soon too, seeing as though you're looking into minor things such as that :D

13. Offline

DanielSivertsen

When would this be possible to download?

14. Offline

Lolmewn

Everyone asks, no-one knows?

JWhy likes this.
  15. Offline

Antariano

Open beta will commence soon enough. I have an exam the 25th and plan to work towards open beta afterwards, so I'd say the end of this month is open beta day.

You can always track our issues here: https://github.com/SpaceDev/SpaceBukkit/issues
    Open beta hits when all (major) issues are solved.

dragonhib likes this.
  16. Offline

DanielSivertsen

Awesome, btw i wrighted in your forum, about that i can translate this! :D

17. Offline

Antariano

Sure, we are testing the language system and will publish the language files once it's ready!

18. Offline

Oscarius

Looking forward to open beta! I can translate to Norwegian when the language files are published.

19. Offline

11RJB

Where can I donate? You're an awesome dev, I want to help keep you that way :p

20. Offline

Antariano

Thanks man :)
    I've put a button on the frontpage :)

21. Offline

Nathan C

Omg, come on beta!

Also question: Will this somehow be able to work with a RAMdisk setup server?

22. Offline

Jamy

Jup, SpaceBukkit doesn't change how your server runs.. :)

Antariano likes this.
  23. Offline

Antariano

Another side note:
    SpaceBukkit will be renamed for it's 2.0 release since it will work with vanilla and spout, too!
    We've settled down to a name, but won't reveal it before open beta of SpaceBukkit.
    Antariano out, back to work

Nathan C and dragonhib like this.
  24. Offline

dragonhib

The Spout compat is a really good news. Your work is so awesome and today I can't manage my server without Spacebukkit. Did you plan to add CraftBukkit++ compat also (until a stable Spout build release) ?

Keep up the good work !! Thanks to the SpaceBukkit Team :)

25. Offline

Jamy

Is cb++ different in plugin development? Otherwise it'd work fine ;)

Thanks <3 :D

26. Offline

dragonhib

No, CB++ is a Tweaked version of Craftbukkit by Afforess. CB++ works fine with Spacebukkit. My question was about the server tab, where it is possible to download directly a CB build...

27. Offline

Antariano

Excellent, thanks for the input, I'll definitely try and implement such a scenario

HereInPlainSight and dragonhib like this.
  28. Offline

jasvecht

Not sure - you may have this already - but how about a system where you can add new possible .jar's to use?

EG:

Fill in URL: Name: Poll for updates? (checkbox) Use:
    http://craftbukkitplusplus CB++ x x
    .com/latest/craftbukkit.jar
    [ Add ]

Mmm mmm?

http://gyazo.com/85b2669d2cfe920bae9ff170c3a20e07 (XF screws up formatting)

29. Offline

t-master

Problem would be getting infos about what version the jar file is (and if it's newer than the current one)

30. Offline

NeatMonster

Exactly, this is the main issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.