On-The-Wall Redstone

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Mountainbush, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Mountainbush

With redstone we've been restricted to making our circuits on the ground. All taking up space and everything, why not make circuits on vertical walls then on the ground? So the basic idea is to make circuits on any vertical "wall" or platform. But there would be some conflicts, like how if you wanted to put a redstone torch on a wall it would be like when normal torches are put on walls, it would not stand up 90 degrees from that wall. Because I can't word it right, Ive drawn a picture (took 10 mins):
    [​IMG]
    Ok, so basically when you try to put a redstone torch normally on a wall it will be on the wall at 45 degrees (left), but with the redstone On-The-Wall plugin it will stand at 90 degrees (right). And above all of that you see that redstone dust (and a repeater) is on a wall... that is only one conflict and I think there would be many more, so I was thinking that you could toggle whether you wanted to use the plugin, such as typing: /OTW on for it to work on walls and be on, and: /OTW off for redstone only to work on the ground (and not on walls). I think its possible, but it might be a client thing... :( but I know you guys will give it a try :) .

2. Offline

Plague

The painting is just so sweet :D

I think there was a topic about this a while back, it could be done, but its so difficult that there is nobody having the guts to do it and I pretty much understand why.

3. Offline

Edward Hand

That's a lovely picture you have there....

4. Offline

Mountainbush

Thanks for the comments about the picture... :D but I was hoping that someone would give this a try
    --- merged: Feb 23, 2011 11:51 PM ---
    I see you like pigs

5. Offline

Edward Hand

its clearly an L. PLG. Short for Plague.
    :p:p:p

6. Offline

JamesTheCat64

I want this mod. :< Someone make this!

hoejgrav likes this.