old Bukkit Source?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by SliderKP, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SliderKP

Is it possible to obtain the code of an ancient bukkit? More precise of the bukkit 1.5.2 r1.0 b2788

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

Lolmewn

4. Online

But most people that are less aware of that call the server Bukkit, that is why I am asking.

bwfcwalshy likes this.
  5. Offline

SliderKP

server, is to block askar attacks...

6. Offline

SliderKP

7. Offline

Boomer

Hopefully you mean server, not servant.
    As well, "hackers" have nothing to do with the DMCA

There is no way to get craftbukkit.jar bukkit project server files from the bukkit site as long as the dmca takedown is in effect.

If you mean, you need a way to block 'hackers'='cheaters' on the server, and you ALREADY have a running server, you want PLUGINS to work on the server, or the API to build plugins, which you can do and get. There is no need to go to the source, edit, and recompile a server file unless you are THAT good, and want to streamline the fixes to an extreme level of control. Which you can't do now anyways. So plugin route is your only option - finding or building your own, which shouldn't be a problem if you were ready to re-code bukkit

8. NoCheatPlus might still run with something down to 1.4.5-R1.0 :p, haven't tested lately, though.

9. Offline

SliderKP

My this sv connected, but of traversed form a group of Chileans throws it, actually it freezes it in a few sufficient seconds to disconnect all the users, and the only mistake that I obtain in console is repeatedly " [Server] INFO Unknown command. Type "help" for help. "

And this group of Chileans says that they want a payment of 50 dollars to stop with the assault, but as all forms to pay to stop the assault uses me, I need to know since it is that they throw it and to solve it, but I receive neither help of any forum nor anything, maybe it is a bug of bukkit 1.5.2 or the one who knows ...

10. Offline

oceantheskatr

If someone's DDoSing your server, you should notify your host and backup your server files. Do not pay the hackers. Is your server running in offline mode?

11. Offline

Boomer

No plugin or code changes will prevent their type of cyberassaulting you - the problem is a chokedown on the network hardware, and requires a layer of filtering -control placed within the network pathway before your server.

Do not give into blackmailers, eventually they will grow tired of bullying you with no reward to them and move onto someone else. If you did cave and pay them, they may stop for a day... then come back again and do it and demand $100 to stop "for real". Pay that, and they know you're desperate, and must certainly then be willing to pay $200 to avoid them continuing...

No one who has ever caved into "Pay me / Do this and I will stop doing x" has a good story to tell - they all end with "And so then they posted my site on a forum for 50 other blackmailers to do the same thing" or "as soon as I paid, they resumed the attack again and wanted 4x as much" so dont even entertain that route.

oceantheskatr likes this.
  12. Offline

SliderKP

Obviusly we won´t pay them because we are not sure they will stop with the attack, we are sure is not a ddos attack because our host tell us that is not the problem (our hosting provides us protection from ddos attacks).

That´s why we think it can be a bug of bukkit or of some pluggin, but it´s weird that a lot of servers that i know from this same version have the same problem.

13. Online

@SliderKP Did you try to just ban them and their IP?

14. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@timtower, IPPredator. That won't help. I am somewhat of a cyber-security junkie.

@SliderKP, can you please give an extremely detailed explanation of what these hackers are doing? I might be able to create a plugin to detect their activity, and if it is something an already existent, I'll just recommend it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.