Need some help with my starting java command

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by AtillaBosma, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Code:
    java -server -Xms1300m -Xmx1300m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:ParallelGCThreads=3 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseCompressedStrings -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui
    pause
    I get this error:
    Code:
    Error: missing `server' JVM at `C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\server\jvm.dll'.
    Please install or use the JRE or JDK that contains these missing components.
    Could someone please help?

2. Offline

zhuowei

It looks like you don't have the Server VM installed. A temporary solution is to remove the -server argument. The actual solution, according to http://forums.bukkit.org/posts/297575/ , is to install the JDK, which can be found at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html .

3. Offline

Pencil

what does the -server argument do ? D:

4. I don't know, what does it actually do?

5. Offline

Pencil

You added it to your command line XD You SHOULD know :D I would be careful adding stuff to your start file when you don't know what it actually does XD

6. I got it from one of the admin's that made a post on a topic about it.

7. Offline

Pencil

Hehe :D Still I'm curious now, gonna google it ^^

8. Post the result of your study please. :D

9. Offline

Pencil

Sure :D

10. And?
    Found it?

11. Offline

Pencil

Nope :3 Too many search results XD I'll check later when I get home :3

12. Offline

zhuowei

Pencil likes this.
  13. Offline

Orient

Change "-server" to "-client" and then you're good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.