Need help adding to a plugin...

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by roracle, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

roracle

The guy who wrote this plugin said it could be branched, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what needs to go where in the code. To be honest, I was hoping maybe someone could help me out with getting this one thing done. My economy is closed, as tight as possible. But my server is still "survival", because the plugins only allow for more stuff, not an easier time.

That being said, the stock market on my server requires backing with money and with stock, but it cannot hold open house until it has money in it. Therefore, I was hoping to impose a sales and an income tax upon my players until enough money has been shoveled into the stock market. This is a two-fold event, as no stock, no money, needs money so players can sell their stock.

Anyways, I'm using the QuickShop NotLikeMe (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/quickshop-notlikeme/) and it has a sales tax already. But what I'm wanting is either help finding where to add the needed code, how to set it up for the config, etc.

If you want to try your hand at fixing it, the source can be found here: https://github.com/KaiKikuchi/QuickShop

Here's how taxes should work (if tax was set to 0.08):

Buyer pays in total
    [price]*1.08=buyerCost

Server Account gets
    [buyerCost]-[price]=salesTax
    &
    [price]-([price]/1.08)=incomeTax

Player receiving the payment gets
    [price]-incomeTax=sellerIncome

There should be an option in the config right under the sales tax area for income tax settings. I think it's fair since most people in the world pay a sales tax, and then they pay an income tax (which we see reflected on our paychecks).

Thank you very much, I hope someone can help me out with this project. :)

EDIT: The tax in there acts like an income tax that the player pays. In this method, someone is gaining material wealth while another person pays for it. This is not fair for taxation, even in the real world you would never see it this way. Therefore, it's broken, so it really does need fixing.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  2. Offline

MordorKing78

tbh, you're in the wrong section (my opinion), I think it'd be better if you'd post this in the plugin request section.

mine-care and Zombie_Striker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.