+NBT Chests

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Colt_slayer, Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Colt_slayer

You know how when you're in creative mode , if you press control and middle click a chest, minecraft saves the contents of the chest and puts a copy of the chest with all the items in it in your inventory?

Is it possible to make it so that if someone in survival breaks a chest ,a chest with +NBT would drop instead of all the items on the floor?

2. Offline

pie_flavor

@Colt_slayer Just warning you, I highly doubt anyone will make this plugin the specific way you have requested, because Bukkit doesn't have support for this, and it is very hard to understand/use the underlying Minecraft code.

3. Offline

Colt_slayer

In what non-specific way would it be done?

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Colt_slayer Giving the chest a certain displayname / lore that allows developers to check which chest it is.
    Items are stored in the config

5. Offline

Colt_slayer

I mean the goal is still so that players in survival can move chests with items around with ease.

6. Offline

pie_flavor

@Colt_slayer I must warn you, players will abuse this. It's essentially infinite backpacks. I would recommend a form of JABBA's Dolly, whereby the player receives debilitating effects such as Slowness while carrying one.

7. Offline

Colt_slayer

Yeah I've been thinking about that. I thought maybe getting a plugin to prevent players from putting chests in chests.

8. Offline

pie_flavor

But then how would you store your empty ones, if you want to keep a bunch on hand?

9. Offline

Colt_slayer

I meant like no putting the speical chests in chests

10. Offline

MineGoldX

I believe your request is for a plugin that pickups a chest and places one in your inventory that represents it and when you place it aging, it is converted into the chest that you picked up that held your items.

I been interested in a plugin like for sometime

Problems Encountered

Loss of player items due to:

Plugin Failure

Player Stupidly

Unknown Event

Solution: The plugin makes a flat file that lists the names of players who use chests and list all the chests they have created and the items original placed in them, this flat file acts has a log and only stores information without updating old information.

Endless chest storage:

Solution: Block the ability to place special chest in a normal chest, ender chest, hopper, dropper, and dispenser.

The player can only have 4 special chest at a time however this can be changed with the use of the configuring.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  11. Offline

87pen

How does bukkit not support this?

12. Offline

Colt_slayer

You could probably do it with command blocks lol.

13. Offline

MineGoldX

I know you can make it something like this plugin however my dev failed to make a stable version in 1.7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.