Mob control with WorldGuard?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Nuinbot, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Offline

Nuinbot

I am building an adventure map and I have been searching for a plugin or plugins that will do what I want, but I am unsure which will do what I want. If you have experience with this, please feel free to chime in.

I want to build a world that spawns all kinds of mobs from a set list (including charged creepers and hostile wolves), EXCEPT in WorldGuard regions. In WG regions, I want to only spawn what can come out of a mob spawner block, which would be one specific mob type. These spawners could be embedded in walls/floors on a dungeon.

If you can help or have any recommendations, please provide names/links of plugins. Thanks.

2. you can with world guard i reckon u should look at the commands for a while!

[​IMG]

3. Offline

Nuinbot

Honestly, I reckon you should come up with a better reply than that.

WorldGuard does have flags to stop mobs from spawning in certain areas, but this also blocks mob spawners from activating. Yes, I could set up a child region inside the parent region that would allow spawns by said mob spawner, but this would allow other mobs to spawn as well, and more intensely since they won't be spawning in the 100x100 area I am setting up.

Just as a side note, this is for an RPG server, and I am looking to prevent mob spawns in town, while having a dungeon within the town only spawn the mobs I am setting up spawners for.

4. Offline

izak12345678910

5. Offline

Nuinbot

You don't need MCedit to make mob spawners. I use the built-in editing of Essentials.

Please, I am looking for some actual help, not just speculation.

6. Offline

fubarp

Did you ever find an answer to this?

7. Offline

ahhdem