[MISC] RoutePlanner v1.2 - Show your users the way [1.0.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Bone008, Jun 5, 2011.

1. RoutePlanner - Show your users the way!
    Version: 1.2

This plugin is now on BukkitDev!

Support will still be provided in this thread.

2. Offline

MikeA

This is a pretty nice idea. Does this support text colors?

3. I thought it would, but I just noticed it doesn't work for custom messages.
    Added to the Todo-list :)
    However, the predefined messages are kinda colorful already;)

4. Offline

Daniel Few

@Bone008
    Hello. Excellent Idea and would be great to have directions to PVP arena, town etc.
    Thanks a lot for this. Might even install on my RPG as a way to direct users to different towns :)
    Look forward to this becoming a plugin in releases :)
    Great work and thanks
    -DanJames

5. @Daniel Few
    Thanks a lot. Pathfinding is a pretty big issue on my server, and since I couldn't find any solution near this one, I just came up with that one.
    I'm always glad when I can help out.

Well, it's apparently my first submission, so I hope I didn't mess anything up with formatting the op.

6. Offline

Daniel Few

@Bone008 what do you mean 'apparently my first submission' :/ have you written other plug-ins.
    And I think you've done it all right :)
    -DanJames

7. Offline

Zarius

Looks great - just an idea, perhaps being able to place routes on a sign (say putting [r:MyTown] on the bottom row?) and when a player left (or right) clicks the sign it sets them on that route.

Also, compass API now works in 818+ so would be good if the compass could be set to point to each "trigger" point along the way.

8. @Zarius
    Good idea with the signs, I'll see what I can do.
    As for the compass there would be the problem of not knowing which trigger is the next one.
    Since there is no real order of the triggers it would probably have to calculate it to make it point at the closest trigger (and keep it updating). Or you would have to set a fixed order to run the triggers, but that would take most of the flexibility.
    In case I didn't point it out clearly: triggers don't have to be passed in the order they were created, the #ids are just for reference in order to access them (e.g. for settarget, remtrigger).

@Daniel Few
    No, this is my first plugin. That's what I mean with my "first submission".

9. Offline

Daniel Few

Oh right, no I just didn't understand when you said 'apprently'
    -DanJames

10. Offline

Zarius

Ah. I was thinking that it would be a set route that you walk, from point to point to point. Generally route planners direct you to your destination via a set route (eg. google maps) and I was thinking the compass could assist with this :) Perhaps an option to have ordered "triggers"?

11. @Zarius That's usually the way you think when you create the triggers. And ordered triggers would work fine for most of the cases. However, I can think of a couple of uses that would benefit from unordered ones.
    Let the admin chose weather the route sould be ordered or not seems like a good solution to me.
    I'm going to implement these (together with the compass function when I manage to use the API).

Thanks for the feedback!

12. I just released the update to 1.1!
    Now among others with color support and signs!
    See changelog in the first post for a complete list.

@Zarius
    Ordered routes and that compass thing are planned for 1.2.

Please guys, give me feedback about the plugin and feel free to suggest further improvements :)

13. Plugin works fine with the new recommended build 860.

14. Offline

enelar

Whitelist for router?

15. Offline

jaboy

is this still updated ?!

16. I dont really add any more features, but it is still functional with the latest RB.

17. Offline

Condamor

Video Example perhaps? Hard to grasp exactly how this plays out in game. Can't tell if it'd go well with the imagine I'm trying to build of my world. I'm making a server for me and my friends, and before I add anything I want to be able to accurately tell them what I adding so they can decide if I should add it or not. I'd appreciate it a lot if you did this!

18. (sorry for late reply, somehow overlooked this)
    Had planned this for a very long time, but never really carried it out as interest in this plugin dropped.
    Knowing that the concept is pretty hard to figure out without a demonstration, I'm probably going to do a video soon.

19. Alright, now I finally released an update for this plugin, available on BukkitDev right here. Not really that many feature-changes, just some updating code to the new standards that came up the past 7 months :p

I think I'll be able to release a video this week, going over an example route as well as a tutorial on creating routes.

Don Redhorse likes this.
  20. @Condamor
    Okay, the video is done. Turned out pretty crappy though, due to me failing at talking in english. Sorry for that ;)

Video (open)

Any feedback is appreciated, I've never done a video like that before.

21. Offline

Condamor

Awesome, thanks for the video! This plugin looks like sheer awesomeness. It's exactly how I hoped it'd be like. And don't worry so much about your English, the only thing I found hard to understand was weather you said "I should have brought a shovel" or "I should have worn a shovel", which made me laugh btw. Really, you're English was perfectly understandable. And again, I do appreciate you taking the time to make this video. This plugin I foresee getting used a lot on my server.

And on another note, can I ONLY used my Curse ID on the bukkit dev site? As in, this Condamor account I'm posting on, can I use it on bukkit dev? It wasn't letting me sign in with it, so I'm assuming no.

And I'll be sure to give you any feedback I or my friends have once/if we have any.

Bone008 likes this.
  22. @Condamor
    Wow, thank you very much. Feedback like that is always really great to hear :)
    People unfortunately rarely point out when they find something good, so you often end up mostly hearing the negative side or no side at all. So I always appreciate feedback.

For the bukkit dev account thingy: No, you unfortunately can't use your bukkit account:
    But you can link your bukkit account to your curse account (hover over your username at the top in bukkit -> "Curse Association"). Dunno if it gets you any advantages when you are not a plugin developer, though.