[MISC/INFO] Dynmap-Towny v0.50 - Display Towny towns and nations on Dynmap's maps [1.5.2-R1.0+]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Mike Primm, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Ahfaichucky

is this working on 1.1?

2. Offline

Mike Primm

Yep - you probably want 0.30.1 dynmap

3. Offline

Vincent2128

A bug I found.
    On a server I play on, we have a separate world which Towny works on as well, separate from the overworld. But this happens when I try to load the map of the separate world...
    Screen Shot 2012-02-02 at 7.13.30 PM.png
    There aren't many claimed Towny areas in this separate world, but all the towns from the overworld are superimposed over the world map.
    I don't own the server either, so I can't give technical specifications, but any help would be appreciated.

4. Offline

Mike Primm

Which dynmap version are you running? Make sure its current.

5. Offline

VodkaDK

I'm running the latest Dynmap, Towny and Dynmap-Towny but I cannot seem to get Dynmap-Towny to create its folder or configuration file. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I'm getting no errors in the server console and the plugin is loaded in to memory without errors.

Just to clarify I'm using Dynmap v0.30.1 with Towny Advanced v0.79.0.0. Then I'm using Dynmap-Towny v0.15

6. Offline

Mike Primm

Are you seeing '[Dynmap-Towny] version 0.15 is activated' in the server.log?

7. Offline

VodkaDK

Hi I checked the log and it said the following:
    Code:
    [WARNING] [dynmap] Marker API has been requested, but is not enabled.  Uncomment or add 'markers' component to configuration.txt.
    Which made me realise the problem was my configuration file was too old and didn't include any of the newer marker settings that the newer configuration files contained. I backed up my old configuration.txt allowed the plugin to make a new one and now everything is working fine.

Thank you and I'm terribly sorry for having bothered you with something so basic I'll make sure I check my server log more rigorously in the future.

By the way, excellent plugin!

8. Offline

Mike Primm

Thanks - just glad you're working! I think I'm going to mod dynmap to enable the marker plugin unconditionally (just with most of the features off) - this isn't the first time that someone tripped over this.

9. hmm...i got a problem...iv got the map working, so i installed towny and the towny map but is only comes up with original map, doesnt even give the option of showing the towns

10. Offline

Mike Primm

Any [Dynmap-Towny] messages in your server.log?

11. Offline

matolife10

i know there is Wiki but it is not explained good can you change the colours of regions example default is red and i want to change that i know where to change but i dont know the codes of color + is it possible that every town has differend color or marker?

12. Offline

Mike Primm

The color codes are 'web standard' in their formatting - see http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm for a nice chart of colors.

13. Offline

matolife10

oh tnx :) what about icons is it possible that every village/area has different icons :/?

14. Offline

Mike Primm

You can use the 'custstyle' section to add settings per town, and the 'homeicon' and/or 'capitalicon' setting on each to tailor the icons.

15. Offline

matolife10

how can i use cutstyle section i mean i don't know how to do it is it in config ? tnx for help

EDIT: tnx i looked to wiki again and i found how to do it :)

16. Offline

Vincent2128

Version 0.30.1, like most...
    I've asked around, apparently the problem is restricted to me. I'm using Mac OS Lion with Chrome v16.0.912.77.

17. Offline

Mike Primm

Give 0.31 a try (refresh all the files from the ZIP - your existing config should be fine), and let's see where we are.

18. Offline

labency

hey quick question... im using the latest download for dynmap and Towny dynmap and when i go to load it up i get this message: "Web files are not matched with plugin version: All files need to be same version (0.31-849)" what does this mean?

19. Offline

Mike Primm

It means that the web files (files from the dynmap/web directory) aren't matched with the JAR file - updates of dynmap need to be complete (everything from the ZIP - not just the JAR). If you have done that, make sure you copied the updated web files (if you needed to do that for an external web server) AND flush your browser cache (shift-reload).

20. Offline

Vaan

12:53:32 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/Dynmap-Towny.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: Towny
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:166)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:164)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:140)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:52)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:408)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    12:53:33 [INFO] [dynmap] Loading dynmap v0.32-884.
    12:53:33 [INFO] [dynmap] Using Bukkit Permissions (superperms) for access control
    12:53:34 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 15 shaders.
    12:53:34 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 82 perspectives.
    12:53:34 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 12 lightings.
    12:53:34 [INFO] [dynmap] version 0.32-884 is enabled - core version 0.32-83
    12:53:34 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 3 maps of world 'German Multigaming Clan'.
    12:53:34 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 2 maps of world 'German Multigaming Clan_nether'.
    12:53:34 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 2 maps of world 'German Multigaming Clan_the_end'.
    12:53:34 [INFO] [dynmap] Enabled
    12:53:35 [INFO] [dynmap-mobs] Loading dynmap-mobs v0.16.
    12:53:35 [INFO] [dynmap-mobs] initializing
    12:53:35 [INFO] [dynmap-mobs] version 0.16 is activated
    what now??

21. Offline

Mike Primm

You need Towny installed to use this...

22. Offline

GileraGFR

Hi,

First off thanks for the great plugins, fantastic work!

I've had dynmap and the relevant plugins installed on a previous server working great but on a recent install i've received the following error and towny borders do not show on the map.

At first i had the dmarker api settings commented out or set to false in the dynmap config file (my attempt to disable player markers) but since re-enabling that section the error is still present.

Code:
    2012-02-23 17:43:12 [INFO] [dynmap] version 0.32-884 is enabled - core version 0.32-83
    2012-02-23 17:43:12 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 1 maps of world 'world'.
    2012-02-23 17:43:12 [INFO] [dynmap] World 'world_nether' disabled
    2012-02-23 17:43:12 [INFO] [dynmap] World 'world_the_end' disabled
    2012-02-23 17:43:12 [INFO] [dynmap] Enabled
    2012-02-23 17:43:12 [INFO] [Dynmap-Towny] version 0.16 is activated
    2012-02-23 17:43:12 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2012-02-23 17:43:13 [WARNING] Task of 'Dynmap-Towny' generated an exception
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.db.TownyDataSource.getTowns()Ljava/util/List;
        at org.dynmap.towny.DynmapTownyPlugin.updateTowns(DynmapTownyPlugin.java:536)
        at org.dynmap.towny.DynmapTownyPlugin.access$000(DynmapTownyPlugin.java:38)
        at org.dynmap.towny.DynmapTownyPlugin$TownyUpdate.run(DynmapTownyPlugin.java:200)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:503)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:435)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    My dynmap config for that section looks like:

Code:
      # Note: this component is needed for the dmarker commands, and for the Marker API to be available to other plugins
      - class: org.dynmap.MarkersComponent
        type: markers
        showlabel: true
        enablesigns: true

23. Offline

Mike Primm

Which towny version are you using? In the last update, I moved away from using some Towny Advanced APIs that were marked as deprecated (to prevent breaks with future Towny updates). Code was tested on 0.79.0.0, which is the only one supported on 1.1, as far as I know.

24. Offline

GileraGFR

Massive apologies, my mistake.

Not sure how the old jar got in there - issue resolved.

Once again thanks for your time producing these amazing plugins!!!

25. Offline

Lord Chaos

Does this work with Towny Advanced?

26. Offline

Mike Primm

Yes - that is what is supported

27. Offline

Megalanias

is there a file for 1.2.4 ?

28. Offline

Mike Primm

No update needed for 1.2.4