Minigame!

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by zakkinu2, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

zakkinu2

Ok so i was working on my first minigame but whenever i try to make a minigame with multiple game lobbies, like hungergames they have like multiple games that you can join. I always get trouble on something. So i decided before i do that i should make a plugin witch only has like 1 game in it. But then if i do make it like that is there a way so when i know how to make multiple games i can just edit the plugin i have and make multiple game lobbies for it?

2. Offline

The_Doctor_123

You should create a "Game" class that you can make several instances of.

3. Offline

zakkinu2

The_Doctor_123 what do you mean, Sorry im not that good in plugin developing i just started like 1-2 weeks ago.
    Thats why i said should i make a plugin with 1 game lobby in it first?

4. Offline

The_Doctor_123

zakkinu2
    If you create a plugin with compatibility with only one game, then change it to infinite later on, you'll have to redo tons of code. I learned my lesson on that long ago..

If you're going to have multiple games going on at the same time, it's likely you're going to have a class you make several instances of that controls each and every game.

5. Offline

zakkinu2

The_Doctor_123 thats the problem i dont wonna make a game with only one game ... but at the same time i dont know how to make it have infinite

The_Doctor_123 i made a plugin wich has insifinite games but the only problem is when i were to go and set a timer in the lobby when there is 2 or more people in a game i couldnt find a way how to

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.