[MINIGAME] Lord of the rings

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Langur, Jan 1, 2014.

?

Do you think this is stupid?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2024.
  1. Yes

37.5%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. I can try to do it.

25.0%
  4. SOMEONE DELETE THIS REQUEST!

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Offline

Langur

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: LordOfTheRings

What I want: A minigame plugin where up to 20 people (max) could play on a map to try to do one of the following game modes: Capture the ring, Kill the dragon, King of the mountain, The Hobbit, Or a customizable game mode like a "Fire Fight type of game mode ( like in Halo: Reach)".
    What the game modes are like:
    Capture the Ring: Capture the ring would be a game mode like capture the flag, except there is one team that is defending the ring (Goblins, etc.), and another team that is trying to get it (Dwarves, Hobbits, etc.) if the defending team fails to protect the ring and the attacking team gets it, the attacking team wins (The attacking team has to return it to their "Spawn area"). If the defending team protects the ring until the time runs out , the defending team wins. Each player has unlimited lives.

Kill the dragon: Kill the dragon would be a game mode where a Ender dragon would be stuck in the Dwarven mountain, and the Hobbit and the Dwarves would have to try to kill it before the time runs out. All players have 2 lives. (20 players max)

King of the mountain: King of the mountain is practically like king of the hill, except there are teams. There are 10 players max. The teams are the Wizards, etc. And there are Hobbits, Dwarves, etc. The first team to reach the top of the mountain 2 times wins, each player has 10 lives.

The Hobbit: The Hobbit would be a game mode just like the movies, there is 1 life per player.

Ideas for commands: choose the commands yourself.

Ideas for permissions: do permissions if you want.

When I'd like it by: Anytime.

2. Offline

Fluxanoia

Wait, you code. Why can't you have it as a project?

3. Offline

Adriani6

Because he isn't capable of coding such a big project himself ?
    He doesn't have the time to do it ?

MarinD99 and timtower like this.
  4. Offline

Fluxanoia

It's all a learning experience.
    Being out of your depth can improve your understanding of Bukkit and Java.

5. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

But for this plugin having 1 simple plugin coded isn't enough. It requires to create a minigame plugin ( load of stuff going on there ) and to recode the EnderDragon ( NMS )

Adriani6 likes this.
  6. Offline

Langur

I dont have that much experience with coding, and I dont have the time to do it.

Yes, and yes.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
    Adriani6 likes this.
  7. Offline

c0mp

Removed bump spam! Always make sure to give it at least 24 hours before bumping a thread.

8. Offline

Langur