[MINIGAME] HOME_ALONE (BEST IDEA!)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MuteTerra, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Offline

MuteTerra

Since Its Almost Christmas, I wanted a Christmas Minigame that no one has never thought about it.

HOME |̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ALONE

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: Home Alone

What I want: When they click the sign (Max Players Are 24 Players And Min Are 2) They wait ing the waiting lobby until the game starts. One person Is The Kid In The House and makes a bunch of traps(Can not Blow up house!) To Make the robbers go away.(Max Time Is 1 Minute). If a player steps on the Trap and die. they restart outside the house. If the player survives the Traps and kills the Kid wins the game. The Maximum time for the Game to finish is 10 Minutes!

Signs:
    Creation:
    [HomeAlone]
    <Mapname>
    Done Creation Of Sign:
    [HomeAlone]
    <mapname>
    <Blank>
    <#OfPlayers/Maxplayers>
    Ideas for commands:
    /ha createarena (Wand tool selected and when you create it. It will give you a Number ID like #1
    /ha setmap <#ID> <Mapname>
    /ha help <-- You know what I mean
    /ha join <mapname>
    /ha start <mapname>
    /ha edit <#ID>

Ideas for permissions:
    HomeAlone.player (All Player Commands)
    HomeAlone.Admin (Join Full Games which will Kick the person whos not admin And Create Arenas!

When I'd like it by: Christmas Time ;)

Heres A Bunny For Good Luck xD
    (\(\
    ( – -)
    ((‘) (‘)

2. Offline

Pocketkid2

Sounds interesting

3. Offline

MuteTerra

I Thought of this when I watched Home Alone Today xD

4. Offline

Pocketkid2

That is a pretty cool idea though I will see what I can do. What kind of traps are you thinking about?

5. Offline

MuteTerra

Its Pretty Much setting up your own trap like putting a pressure plate In front of the door but under is TNT But doesn't explode anything in the house. Also The robbers have only a Iron Axe

6. Offline

andrewabosh

This is sick! I'd love this!

7. Offline

MuteTerra

Thanks I Hope someone can make this. It will be Awesome!

andrewabosh likes this.
  8. Offline

MuteTerra

Any More Suggestions.. Anyone?

9. Offline

20zinnm

MuteTerra I LOVE THIS IDEA. Beginning work immediately, but it may not be done in time for Christmas. D:

I will probably take SurvivalGames and change up the gameplay style.

MuteTerra Is this plugin for a dedicated server or side by side with something else (ie factions). It will be faster to do dedicated, but it will be incompatible with plugins such as McMMO and Factions.

10. Offline

MuteTerra

Dedicated And Its Okay if its not at Christmas :)

11. Offline

20zinnm

MuteTerra Kewl. I may need some specifications. My thoughts are to take a SG plugin and re-code the actual game part. The dedicated part simplifies it because I don't have to worry about a) lag, b) MCMMO interference, and c) multi-world chat.

12. Offline

Garris0n

Make sure to check the license of the SG plugin if you do that (though it's probably more of a pain than writing the whole thing yourself).

13. Offline

20zinnm

garrison no worries xD last thing I want is to be sued.

MuteTerra Shall I include an anticheat and some sort of chat plugin in this plugin? I will make it mandatory to have vault so I can have a rank shop.

14. Offline

MuteTerra

20zinnm please notify me when its finish and yeah include Anticheat and Chat plugin. Also how are the signs gonna be created? Are you gonna create it with a sign or Do a command like /ha addwall <Arenaname>

15. Offline

20zinnm

MuteTerra I hate those addwalls. Probably gunna be something like:
    Code:
    [HomeAlone]
    {ArenaName}
    {Blank}
    {MaxPlayers}
    And before making the sign, you will have to create the arena. I'm making it so that you use WorldEdit to select a region, type /ha create {ArenaName}, then set spawns. Spawns probably going to be set with /ha setspawn (Robber/Kevin). You will only be allowed to have 1 Kevin spawn, but as many or few burgalers as you wish (but there must be at least 2 burgalers and 1 Kevin). Pressureplates, when stepped on, will create a normal TNT explosion but will not harm the map. Also, the robbers will each have an iron axe, an enderpearl, and a bow with 16 arrows. In the texture pack, bows will look like guns and arrows will look like bullets. The signs are allowed to be placed anywhere and will be replaced by the plugin with a sign reading:
    Code:
    [HomeAlone]
    {ArenaName}

{Status&PlayerCount}
    You can only join a game that is not in process. A game will begin a 30 second countdown to start when there are at least 2 robbers and of course a Kevin. The countdown will be publicly broadcasted over server-wide chat. I'm thinking of possibly using /tellraw to make a [Join] button in the HomeAlone broadcasts.

If you want me to change anything, go ahead and post it here. Config file and more functionality will come after release 0.0.1 Alpha.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  16. Offline

MuteTerra

Yeah Looks like some awesome ideas. I will report if there is any bugs that's gonna happen! But I dont think the 30 Countdown should be worldwide on the server. It only broadcast if the players are in the Lobby ;). Also dont put ender pearls because I might create A Map With a Broken House :l

17. Offline

20zinnm

Hmmmmmmm I think I can make it so that, if you think it sounds good, the plugin can autoload one of several templates you make (via a web server) so that people in a hurry to set it up can just download a premade map. I'll look into that after finishing up the actual plugin.

Also, you said it was a dedicated server (I meant dedicated to the plugin), so global chat sounds like the best idea. After release 0.1.0, I will implement more config options.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  18. Offline

MuteTerra

Also the prefix for The Home Alone Broadcast and Help is &7[&cHomeAlone&7]

19. Offline

20zinnm

That will be configurable.

20. Offline

MuteTerra

20zinnm ah Okay but the prefix can be default

21. Offline

20zinnm

MuteTerra I'm now working on the region selection (I think this plugin will require WorldEdit).

22. Offline

MuteTerra

Yep it sure does Also we can test it on my server If there's bugs. IP: Terranetwork.mcpro.co

23. Offline

20zinnm

MuteTerra I decided to go ahead and use the BattleArena API to speed up development. I think I can have an alpha version of this plugin out by tomorrow. If so, I will give it to you for testing.

24. Offline

CrazymanJR

20zinnm
    Code:
    [HomeAlone]
    {ArenaName}
    {Status}
    {min/max players}
    maybe try this sign format

25. Offline

20zinnm

MuteTerra Although not a standalone, it is now 3:00 AM and I need sleep, so here is my latest version of the plugin. Don't forget to grab WorldEdit and BattleArena before loading it. I'll get to the documentation tomorrow *YAWN*.
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

CrazymanJR I am working on a standalone for release 0.1.0 BETA. Until then, here is my 0.0.1 Alpha build. You need WorldEdit and BattleArena for it to load, but for now it will do.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2016
  26. Offline

CaptainWalrus

that would be cool if there was a shop and you can get items like "Glue"
    in which, if you rightclick it will place a certain block, and if they walk on it they walk very slow..
    Some certain items like that would be cool.

27. Offline

MuteTerra

Love it. Thanks! :)

28. Offline

CaptainWalrus

If you need more item ideas, tell me.. I'm full of them.

29. Offline

JoTyler

Ok I can make this from the ground up and without haveing any dependencys , please msg me on Skype because I won't be around until Sunday , skypename : Joseph.glanzberg

30. Offline

MuteTerra

Let see what you can do
    If there both cool I have to choose which one is cool