[minigame]Capture the Portal

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by m5k, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Offline

m5k

Very simple idea.
    Setup:
    - Admin builds a portal, makes sure no one else can't make a portal (can easily be done with other plugins), builds a 2x2 square white wool platform, assigns it to be the capture point.
    - Two teams are defined with permission nodes ctp.blue and ctp.red. ctp.neutral makes the player unable to participate (admins with '*')

Gameplay:
    Now, once one team member stands over the wool for 60 seconds, the wool turns red/blue and only their team can access the portal.

2. Offline

DoomBunnyPwn

This seems simple at first, but for a factions world it'd be a truly awesome plugin. However, wouldn't having nodes for teams be messed up for players with '*', as they would be in red, blue, and neutral?

3. Offline

oliverw92

You can already do this in a way with the 'War' plugin

4. Offline

m5k

having no node or having the neutral node would deny being in a team. And for admins with '*' perhaps have a node ctp.choose and let the person choose a team and later store it in a config file.

And about the war plugin - it's a huge plugin with a ton of features that would needlessly lag my server. I want a lightweight one.

5. Could you explain exactly what this "portal" should be capable of doing? Is it something you can teleport to/from? Or is it simply a capture (the flag) point?
    Furthermore, should this be round-based, with a timelimit perhaps? If so, should there be a /match-start or something?
    Excuse my ignorance here if the answers are obvious but I'm quite new here :)

Either way, I am interested in making the plugin.

6. Offline

m5k

The portal would be a simple portal to the nether. I have two factions on my server and I want to limit nether access to boil up some PvP. I personally would want this to be going on 24/7 but sure, a match-start command would be a nice addition. To elaborate more on the portal, when the team gets the point they can access the nether and if someone else is already in they're ported back to their spawn in normal world. If that's impossible then just let them leave but not go back in.

7. Offline

Specops343

Little off-topic, but what plugin would you use to stop players from making portals? I like the idea of limiting access as a way to make pvp.

8. Offline

m5k

CustomBlockRestriction. Not allow them to place obsidian and turn lighters off.

So is anyone gonna take up the project?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  9. It sounds doable, I'll start working on it tomorrow.
    What did you mean by "If that's impossible then just let them leave but not go back in."?

10. Offline

m5k

Great. I meant that if the other team has the portal and you are inside the nether then you can still leave but you can't go back in until you recapture it.