Minecraft error

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Dwezz, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dwezz

Hi guys.

I was playing with my friends and all of us, just got an error

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at cg.a(SourceFile:169)
    at h.a(SourceFile:1121)
    at ll.c(SourceFile:410)
    at ll.b(SourceFile:343)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:668)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

it just came up when we were building.
    i've tryed to delete all the plugins, delete the player data (in the world folder). reeboot the server and stuff like that. It's just in a area we're crashing. We can easly spawn but when we're getting near our project it just crashing. So what to do?. Thanks
    --- merged: Jan 26, 2011 12:13 PM ---
    bump

2. Offline

TerraPlay

Same problem here.

3. Offline

c0mp

Sounds like it might be chunk corruption on your map, if it's only happening in a particular area. I would back up your map, then sift through the map's folder and, through trial-and-error, try removing one folder at a time, starting up the server, and going to that location. Rinse and repeat until you find the offending chunk and allow it to re-generate itself, uncorrupted.

You might also be able to use MCEdit or a similar map editor and delete a few chunks in that area, if it's an area that hasn't been built up too much.

4. Offline

mughi

worldedit now supports chunk deletion and info.. if you can get close enough to the affected area..
    best bet is to restore from backup if there isn't much to lose.. otherwise, do as comp said and hack out the chunk

5. Offline

Dwezz

Okay thanks, i'll check it out.
    --- merged: Jan 27, 2011 9:19 AM ---
    It worked perfectly, thank you!

6. Offline

c0mp

Excellent, crisis averted. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.