Minecraft Catapults Idea

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by savagefxcker, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Offline

savagefxcker

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: Medieval Warfare

A bit about me: Just a casual Minecraft player who's always looking to have some fun and be creative.

What I want: I want a plugin where you can build and use working catapults/trebuchets. Me and my friend already started planning them out (as seen in the attached .zip file) but of course neither of us have the skills or knowledge to take this idea and put it into a working plugin. The idea behind it is that you press a button and boom, some tnt is launched from the catapult/trebuchet. This plugin would make sieging castles and defending your own castles very fun. With the catapult you have 3 main functions: 1) the button to initiate the launch. 2) the lever to lock the catapult back in place. 3) a redstone repeater that would be used to change the distance (tension) of the catapult. The amount of time it takes for the catapult to lock into place should be configurable in a properties file that way someone won't be launching the catapult every second on default. Lastly with the catapult, it would have 3 animations/positions. The starting position, mid launch, end position, and being in the action of being re-locked (same position as mid launch). With the trebuchet there would be 2 main functions: 1) the button to launch/reset it. 2) the weight. The idea behind the weight is that there's a bucket and the heavier material you put into the bucket will launch the tnt farther. This should also be configurable in that there are a few different set distances in a properties file and you are able to set what block would launch the tnt the farthest. By default I think it should be Sand<Cobblestone<Block of Iron<Obsidian. The trebuchet would also have 3 animations/positions. The starting position, mid launch, end position. There would be no position for the re-lock/reset action. Lastly, the dimensions for the base of the catapult is 5x7 and the dimensions for the base of the trebuchet is 7x11. Hopefully with some luck and this plugin will be made possible.

Ideas for commands: None that I can think of.

Ideas for permissions: Only admins can build/change the tension/weight for catapults and trebuchets but any player can use/launch them.

When I'd like it by: Whenever made possible.

Similar plugin requests: None that I know of.

Devs who might be interested in this: I have no idea.

Attached Files:

2. Offline

savagefxcker

3. Offline

savagefxcker

4. Offline

savagefxcker

bumpidy bump. can't believe this post hasn't caught much attention. I'd expect people to be all over the idea.