Minecraft 1.6 is out!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by NopeDK, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

crash413

I'm having the same issues with brohoster. I'd rather not update my server without the bukkit update anyway.

Would anybody be willing to send me a minecraft.jar file for 1.5? I accidentally updated my game :(

2. Offline

Joeyy

Nope, I'm hosting via Clubminecraft.
    Support isn't responding (terrible support in my opinion). So my server is online but not joinable..

3. Offline

ledhead900

I think most exciting part of 1.6 release was watching notch shit bricks as the whole community saw for the first time how fail he was and how much he lies and does not test a thing.

as for the grass it better freaking grow on my 1.5 smp map or ill be casterating notch over IRC nexttime im on. I thought the grass was to appear and grow on grass blocks ?

4. Offline

Leavaris

Quit all your bitching because your bukkit has a hole in it. you were warned for over 2 weeks NOT to upgrade and/or play normal mc with a dummy map, yet whats everyone do? upgrade then cry to the bukkit team and there hosts. reminder your servers ARE up just because your a moron and didnt read a notice thats at the top of EVEYR page here, in pretty pink thats not the hosts fault or bukkits. bukkit should plain and simple make all forums read only during these moronic times.

Phaedrus likes this.
  5. Offline

JamEngulfer221

Ah. Mine won't let me go to the experimental build of 1.6, so I guess nobody can join it.

6. Offline

andrewkm

Updated list of .... 1.6.4 lol :p
    -
    New Bugs:
    • If a player crashes in the nether in smp, some times when they reconnect, they spawn on top of the nether. The only way back to death.
    • Dropped tools, once picked up, disappear after first use [1] [update: a note on the minecraft.net forums mentioned that putting them into and out of a chest first might stop this from happening. Also if you die your tools can suffer a similar fate]
    • Sometimes freezes most water into ice regardless of if its in a snow biome or not.
    • Sound Effects lose sync with their respective actions.(?)
    • CPU issue fix is still failing, same loop as 1.6.3
    • Sometimes blocks will fail to render, creating massive holes on the ground and walls, allowing the player to see caves and dungeons under the map. [2] [3]
    • Achievements may get bugged. [4]
    • Updating of lighting due to torches and other player instigated sources seems to be even worse.
    • Underground or otherwise enclosed rail corners can cause you to clip through wall and lose health.
    • Minecarts colliding on the same track will pass through each other or come to a dead stop rather than pushing.
    • Exiting a minecart or moving from one minecart to another will bump the original minecart and make it move.
    • Fire does not show up on a map item.
    • Fire sticks around much longer on blocks it can't burn.
    • Cobweb now acting like a solid block, player can pass through it, but he/she will get damaged.
    • You are able to travel down through a "closed" Trapdoor/Hatch (Under certain circumstances).
    • If the player is crouched while saving, he/she will then (when loading the world) spawn an additional 1.62 meters higher, and visibly fall to the grown (unhurt). However, if this occurs while standing under a solid block (such as a low ceiling), then the player will suffer 0.5 hearts of damage from clipping into the block temporarily ("suffocation"). Warning, also occasionally happens even when not crouched! (See Bug Report.)
    • When boats are submerged, they do not float back to surface. [7]
    • All TNT-entities stay clientside after exploding, until reconnection. (New bug because before just random ones stayed)
    • Shift-clicking to transfer items to/from chests, inventory, dispensers and storage minecarts can result in the game crashing when the container receiving items is full. [8]
    • Can't move and can mostly only see sky and sea when server.properties "view-distance" is set above 5. Note that the default is 10.
    • Hostile mobs sometimes spawn when using a bed even in a well lit room sealed off from outside enviroments, this appears to possibly be related to the lighting bug mentioned above (this can be an old bug: see [9]). Double doors also cause this to happen, the game somehow ignores one of the doors allowing mobs to spawn inside.
    • Fighting through wooden doors no longer works. Swinging as sword through the window of the door will do damage, but also cause the door to open, letting in your enemy. Iron doors are still safe. (Possibly intentional or part of the "too close to levers" fix?)
    • Craftable maps sometimes don't display the correct name, become blank or have gaps.
    • When crafting an item, shift clicking may cause different items to be created if the elimination of resources would create a situation in which that item can be crafted. For example, having 1 stone in the top left and two in the top middle and top right, along with two sticks in the middle and bottom middle, shift clicking will create a pick and a hoe.
    • Sometimes when riding a boat with a map out, the player suddenly dies for no apparent reason.
    • Light bugs found in 1.6.2 can now occur in old generated chunks (not only in those generated in 1.6.x). Some screens here
    • When climbing a ladder in a 1x2 shaft, under certain circumstances, it is impossible to target a block opposite of the ladder. The cursor will repeatedly alternate between the wall and another block, usually the ladder.
    • The corruption of world when running out of memory fix does not always work.
    • When two portals share one nether portal, disabling the first portal, which is the primary portal for reentry to the world, causes the game to spawn a new portal in a random location when returning to the world. Following that the game crashes. Disabling that new portal and re-enabling the primary portal stops this from happening. Disabling the new portal and not re-enabling the primary portal causes the game to spawn yet another new portal if the process is repeated.
    • Game may randomly shut itself down. There is no observable time limit until this can happen, and no error screen appears. It simply closes as if you had pressed the X button.
    • When entering and leaving nether life is shown incorrectly as full.

7. Offline

Simanova

Notch said:

So i think 1.6.6 will be a good platform for bukkit to get out first RC build

8. Offline

Lolmewn

Yay! Eagerly awaiting it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.