[MECH] VehicleZap v1.1.0 - Remove abandoned vehicles [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by kroimon, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Offline

kroimon

VehicleZap - Remove abandoned vehicles
    Version: 1.2.0
    Last tested CraftBukkit build: 1000

[Download JAR file]
    Source code on GitHub

Description:
    This plugin removes abandoned vehicles (boats and minecarts) from the world after configurable times.
    By default, it checks for abandoned vehicles every 30 seconds and removes boats that had no passengers for more than 2 minutes. A lightning will strike at the location of the vehicle.
    After the first run, you can configure most functions in the VehicleZap/config.yml file:
    Code:
    checkInterval: 30
    boats:
        enable: true
        maxLifetime: 120
        strikeLightning: true
        returnToOwner: false
    minecarts:
        enable: false
        maxLifetime: 120
        strikeLightning: true
        returnToOwner: false

All times are in seconds. Warning: Lightnings might be dangerous ;-)

Planned features:
    • Possibility to return vehicles to predefined chests
    • Multiworld support (enable on certain worlds only)
    • A command to kill all vehicles in a world
    • Tell me what you want and I'll look what I can do for you!
    Changelog:

• Version 1.2.0 (8 Downloads during beta)
      • Limit minecarts to passenger ones only, leaving storage and powered minecarts alone.
      • Manage vehicles already in the world on plugin load.
      • Multi-world support: You can select which worlds this plugin should operate on by setting a list of world names for boat.worlds and minecarts.worlds. Stripped down example:

Code:
        boats:
               worlds: [world, otherworld, nether]
           minecarts:
               worlds: [otherworld]

• Version 1.1.0 (3,320 Downloads)
      • Added the possibility to return removed vehicles to their creator
    • Version 1.0.0 (30 Downloads)
      • Initial release

2. Offline

SirPole

Hi, what about #818 support? Have anybody tested that? Thanks.

3. Offline

kroimon

Should work, but try it and report back ;-)

4. Offline

SirPole

Uuuh, I tried... I forgot to provide feedback, it works! :)

5. Offline

Amrac

Does this plugin help to reduce lag?

6. Offline

sam_web

Hi! Great plugin..

It works fine with boats, but one problem I am having is that no minecarts at all are being destroyed, I've tried all variations of the config file.. I've been standing here watching but nothing is happening.. i have no errors in my log.

(bukkit build 818)

Thanks.

7. Offline

tha d0ctor

should this work on 1.6.6 and w/ bukkit 860 ?

8. Offline

kroimon

Just uploaded version 1.2.0 and I can confirm it working with the latest CB build #953.

9. Offline

Kozzy68

handy plugin. I eagerly expecting commands promissed in upcomming features so I dont have to install other 2 tiny plugins to zap boats and minecarts manualy.

10. Offline

Sneaky420

Any chance at getting an option to make the lighting generated by the plugin to be for looks only and not start fires? I realized today that my new subway system would be crazy to put it all into residence protected cuboids, so just a thought.

11. Offline

Silvo

hmn.. nice plugin idea. Predefined "returner" chest marked with a sign would be great! A message to the vehicle owner too.

Just an idea. There are some plugin that define regions.
    Then you would get a message like: "A minecart in -Rumba Desert- was sent to the returner chest due inactivity.
    If no such plugin loaded: "A minecart at (coordinates) was sent to the returner chest due inactivity.

12. Offline

biblelucas

how about 1.0.0 since the old updates heah?

13. Offline

MoreBloodWine

I havent tried to use this mod yet but was wondering you you would consider an exception zone that could be defined as a place to ignore so carts arent removed. I have a minecart dispenser set up and what I'd like to have not happen is the carts removed from it because they havent been used / dispensed.

I figured it would work on say a cordinate ysstem or something where the player stands where they want it set and then defines a radius to go out from. So lets say I stand where my carts are and set a radius of 6. Then all blocks above, below and to my sides within this 6 tile radius are ignored. So, anything thats say on the 7th tile above, below me or to my sides is removed. I say above and below because you might be standing on a minecart that's say 30 tiles deep thats been there for 6 months and you want it gone even though you don't know it's there.

Basically whatever demension you set should be squared out so if I set it as 6 the protected zonee should be 6 above, 6 below and 6 to each of of 4 sides... a perfect square.

Edit: Ps; I second sneaky420's idea about having the lightning not start fires... lightning that's related to vehical removal any way.