[MECH/FUN] QuickStrasse v0.75 - Fastest Minecraft Transport [1.3.1-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SunShe, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Offline

h3ndy_

Yeah the update rocks !
    I will give a shot at another video about it :D

2. Offline

SunShe

Thanks. :p

Ye! Really want to see it. [redflower]

3. Offline

h3ndy_

What should i all include :)
    T-intersections, tunnels, stairs, curves, going on and off the road at any point...more?

4. Offline

SunShe

and maybe how to build a simple way lol. how to take it by the middle of one and/or pass through it without carry to be take it in the road. And show that not need the begin and the end finish by wools block. and what you want like you want :p

5. Offline

ScottZirra

I am not sure if this is a bug, intended, or simply a result of how this plugin functions but here is the issue I am having:

I have a massive spiral staircase moving up from near bedrock to near max height that wraps around a 17x17 square base. I built the wool/glass/wool track on top of existing stairs so that the track appears as stairs:

[​IMG]

With 0.74 I will travel part way up the stairs, and then stop unless I move my mouse. Any mouse movement causes me to travel normally for another period of about 20 steps. This seems to happen mostly on the corners which are 3x3. I did not have this issue at all with 0.73.

It also occurred to me that it may be due to 25,000 glass blocks with flowing lava and water behind them. Things kind of break down around this base whenever I move fast, even without the aid of a plugin. For instance, I made a 1x1 hole that rockets you the bottom, and you land safely in a pool. About halfway down, the game chugs heavily and then things catch up and you are sitting in the pool.

I am running my server with the McMyAdmin wrapper, and the console does not indicate any sort of failure when I pause on the track. Very occasionally I will get:

Code:
    2011-04-10 14:18:30 [WARNING] scottzirra moved wrongly!
    2011-04-10 14:18:30 [INFO] Got position 41.5, 17.0, -237.5
    2011-04-10 14:18:30 [INFO] Expected 42.30000001192093, 19.0, -237.5
    but this does not seem to be triggered by pausing on the stairway track.

When I pause on the track, I also noticed that my placement is no longer locked into the center of the glass block. Whenever I stop, I appear to be on either edge of the glass block. it is hard to say for sure as any mouse movement causes the track to function again. If you need any more information from me let me know.

Thanks for the great plugin!

6. Offline

Springrolls

Awesome plugin, gonna use this later.

7. Offline

SunShe

ScottZirra: I see already some faults of construction in your screenshot. Solicitating in corners...

8. Offline

ScottZirra

I appreciate the response SunShe. Unfortunately my feeble brain is not able to grasp your meaning. I am unable to get screen caps of the corners easily due to the design of the staircase, but here is an example i threw together outside. Can anyone give me a heads up on what is incorrect about it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Offline

SunShe

here no fault, it's come from QuickStrasse equation/calculation algorytm. I have tested on my local server, i looking to fix that and it's really complicate. Modify your road or adapte it for another way who work maybe? please.

10. Offline

ScottZirra

This is the same way the corner on the stairs works, it is just not visible in the screenshot due to the angle. I will just assume it has something to do with the massive amount of glass surrounding it. It still works as long as I move my position or mouse at all. Thank you for the info.

11. Any news on when the config file is going to be added? I have a medieval server and glass looks really out of place in the peasant village. :p If not, do you think it is possible to release the source so I can hard code in the different blocks? Thanks

12. Offline

_LB

This plugin is awesome! But just a weird note, if you make a straight road and then while traveling along it look around like crazy (changing the direction of travel too much) you suddenly get stuck in a back-and-forth movement on the road in a confined spot. Jumping causes the server to kick you with internal server error, as mentioned in the first post. So, don't look around like crazy I guess XD

EDIT: It happened when I wasn't looking around like crazy and this time I think your plugin actually crashed!
    Code:
    2011-04-10 20:22:14 [WARNING] LB725C moved wrongly!
    2011-04-10 20:22:14 [INFO] Got position 143.5, 71.0, 9.5
    2011-04-10 20:22:14 [INFO] Expected 141.5, 71.0, 9.5
    2011-04-10 20:22:14 [INFO] Got position 142.5, 71.0, 9.5
    2011-04-10 20:22:14 [INFO] Expected 141.5, 71.0, 9.5
    2011-04-10 20:22:14 [INFO] Expected 139.5, 71.0, 9.5
    2011-04-10 20:22:14 [INFO] Expected 143.5, 71.0, 9.5
    2011-04-10 20:22:25 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-5"
    2011-04-10 20:22:25 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
    2011-04-10 20:22:25 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
    2011-04-10 20:22:25 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Thread.start(Unknown Source)
    2011-04-10 20:22:25 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.<init>(CraftWorker.java:27)
    2011-04-10 20:22:25 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftThreadManager.executeTask(CraftThreadManager.java:14)
    2011-04-10 20:22:25 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.processTask(CraftScheduler.java:98)
    2011-04-10 20:22:25 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.run(CraftScheduler.java:54)
    2011-04-10 20:22:25 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2011-04-10 20:22:29 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-04-10 20:22:32 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    After that, the roads stopped working. It happened on a 128 length road.

13. Offline

ScottZirra

Are you maxing out your allocated memory? or has your server been on for a long time? Those are the only times my console shows those errors.

14. Offline

Devlah

I'm running a dedicated server using an Athlon x64 dual core processor, 3gb ram, and using Fedora 14 (CB670).
    Craftbukkit has been set to use 2gb of that. I have also experienced the same error after having a user traverse 74 blocks in this manner. I've since then advised them not to build at such an uninterrupted length.
    As far as I can tell, it seems that the server has to not only keep track of everything else going on, but also the position of the player as they move, as well as send chunk data to the client as it is forced to load more data into memory.

It seems that the server only loads data that can be observed within a certain area around each player. Which is why you can't send minecarts off on long journeys without you, and why if you teleport out of an area right when a monster is starting to burn in sunlight and return to that same spot at night, it will still be on fire.

You can see a more literal example of this when a user logs in or out. Looking at the log or the terminal, you'll see a certain amount of memory being freed when they disconnect. That was their chunk of the world being maintained just for them.

By moving over such a long distance at such a rapid pace, it's understandable that the server might not be able to keep up. It's still beta code after all.

If a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to witness it, does it make a sound? In Minecraft, if there was no one there to witness, it didn't happen anyway.

15. Offline

ZeePal

can you please add a config option to choose the outer and inner blocks for the road? (eg so we can have gravel, dirt, gravel instead of wool, glass wool)

16. Offline

Mighty Mackinac

Hey SunShe, first, Thanks for all of your hard work. My clients and I love this plugin!

I do have a feature request. Would it be possible to include vertical "rails"? an elevator if you will.

As a testament to this plugin, I use it as a "rail" system. 100 blocks long with stations in between each section. Very fast travel over very large distance. If you let the next station's chunks load you can travel several hundred blocks in a couple seconds. So, yes this plugin is awesome, and SunShe deserves a medal for it!

Keep up the awesome work!

17. Offline

Zezomys

I got an error :

18. Offline

QuackzMcDuck

As soon as you fix the internal server error you said 7.4 has I'm putting this back into my server =D

19. Offline

huadianz

My main problem is that when traveling about 70 blocks, the user is suddenly "stuck" and no more chunks will load. In addition, after they disconnect eventually, the road won't work anymore. Even when I interrupt the road, the chunk loading is still incredibly slow.

20. Offline

Mighty Mackinac

I have each of my sections 100 blocks long with stations in between. If you wait for the next station to load, then there are no problems. Slow chunk load means you might wanna give the server more resources...

21. Offline

omen964

Bugs:
    Putting a sign on the glass make you jump up.
    Torch that is put on the side of a wall so it is on the glass make so you stop moving forward. (useing this to make stops so chunks have time to load)

22. Offline

h3ndy_

About the torch thing:
    It is not a bug, this is caused how bukkit tells polugins whats a "block".
    A block is generally not penetrateable...so you go, bukkit recognizes the torch as a block and the Quickstrasse will stop you before you run into a maybe though wall... think of it as a anti-stuck mechanism :)

23. Offline

ZachBora

@omen964 SunShe might be able to verify if the block is one of the few that are passthrough and let you through.

24. Offline

michael05242002

OMG! THE OLD MECHANISM FINALLY CAME BACK!
    My server have installed your plugin since 0.7 version. However, when it is 0.73, it was frustrated because you got some problems that may end your plugin. But now, your plugin become perfect again and it is inspiring.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My server is full of highways, as always.
    I hope it can encourage u :D
    BTW, it is not creative server. Players collect wools from sheep but I increase the drop with 'otherblocks'.

RE:about the twisted stair
    Author said that it was a highway plugin to connect towns. Twisted stairs may be a hard job with painful algorithm. Is it really necessary?

25. Just for clarity:

[​IMG]

This configuration does not work properly... if you turn the screen you will automatically move to the other side.

[​IMG]

This configuration works perfectly.

Otherwise great plugin.
    (this is how i'm using it: pic1 pic2)

[​IMG]

26. Offline

Ichigo_Uchiha

can smby pls hlp me? if i download the jar i get only a data called get.php and not the jar and i dont know what to do with it :S

27. Offline

SunShe

It change nothing! Both situation are same! The 2 work for me without problem. No code can affect that in my coding. Your clarity bothering me a lot. You have a problem dumno why maybe have you checked the floor bottom? Because your Constatation/confirmation clarity is fake!

Oh i see!! What you saying, it's about when you turn your camera back to the road? It's not about "Whool Block" or "Not Whool Block" but the "North/Sud/Est/Wouest".

Try maybe with an other web browser like "FireFox" or "Internet Explorer"

So awesome! Good work. It look really nice. Ok i want show you a previous message that i had removed who explain why it's so hard to coding that:
    And for finish, my latest message: I will soon make a new update with a properties file including:

RoadSpeed
    RoadBorderBlocks
    RoadCenterBlocks

And maybe including "Persmissions/GroupManager" Support for limits who can using roads. With maybe nodes like"quickstrasse.can.use" or something else. By the way, if you have any idea for permissions nodes, i'm open to your suggests. If you talk me about a node for limit construction of a road, i'm not sure that will interesting to add it.

In 1 -2 weeks, i will have really more time and can make you guys, great updates for all of my plugins. In waiting, have a good day/night thank you for all your suggest and messages. Each days i try to read it same if i can't answer.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  28. Offline

h3ndy_

Yay, permission support <3
    Also i like the config file now. + the video i plan i on its way :D

29. Offline

Rick

my mc keeps crashing when using the highway :( its pretty random when it happens

30. Offline

Tjezee

I have exactly the same Rick has, at some points it works without trouble, next moment I crash, sometimes 4 times in a row. And just like others, I'd love a config to configure speed cos of the chunk load problem
    and permissions / iconomy would be great.

But i have to say, great mod, I happen to have two cities quite a distance away and this is a great way to transport people. A+ !