[MECH/FUN] QuickStrasse v0.75 - Fastest Minecraft Transport [1.3.1-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SunShe, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Offline

SunShe

Thank you for your feedbacks. Yea it's currently only a transition version before found something better. i still making some tests for reach back the previous and original result who that need to do this plugin. But it's far reaching.

And when you say "it will bounce back every so often", i scare it's about ping latency from the server who making that, with this current methode. :/

2. Offline

Dangazzm

Is there any way I can get the plugin thats works with 556?

3. Offline

fuzetsu490

I find the new method too slow and jittery, I liked the last one much more :/ it works fine but it just doesn't feel fast enough. Thanks for updating though :D great plugin.

4. Offline

michael05242002

It is DEFINITELY an awesome plugins. In my server(493), there is bunchs of highway like railway system connecting the towns. The speed is high and it's nearly perfect.
    However, recently, i upgraded my server to build 617 and installed the latest version of your plugin. I found that it's quite slow(minor problem) and laggy(major problem, very disturbing). I hope you could solve it:/
    Anyway, I really appreciate your idea:D

5. Offline

CannibalLecter

its an awesome plugin. good work man!!!
    but the speed is now to low^^
    can you do, that you can set your own speed in a config or ingame with shields?
    sorry for my bad english
    mfg

6. Offline

h3ndy_

thank you for updating :D
    Very nice you care about us.
    The last 2 days all my server guests were annoying like hell ("i have to walk so far")
    Thank you .
    Cheers

7. I understand that the old method is no longer possible, and this could be just a transition update, but the movement would feel much better if it allowed us to move the "point of view" as we are moving. While it would be nicer if it could have faster movement, the reason it feels glitchy is because you cant change the way your looking while your moving.

Alternatively would it be possible to simply make each side of the 'path' teleport/warp points and each other glass block teleport you to the other side?

hmm, I was getting a bug with a player on the server so had to unload it:
    Show Spoiler

2011-04-02 21:23:28 [INFO] kimbohenboy [/188.220.89.77:59963] logged in with entity id 5341
    2011-04-02 21:23:29 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 64
    2011-04-02 21:23:29 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet.b(Packet.java:80)
    2011-04-02 21:23:29 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.f(NetworkManager.java:130)
    2011-04-02 21:23:29 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.c(NetworkManager.java:229)
    2011-04-02 21:23:29 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkReaderThread.run(SourceFile:68)

Once I removed the plugin the player could play fine.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  8. Offline

SunShe

im so sorry for the speed, when i try to told to you guys, this plugin was used a previous glitch who are not longer possible now. So i'm not sure that this plugin will be go fast like the older version a day. i need to make some tests to see if i can reach to cause something similare, i'm sure that i can do it, but i need more time to spent on it. i don't promess you but i will try.

For KHobbits, i dont know what is this error.
    i havent it, but i'm so single in my private local server. [​IMG]
    -

9. Offline

Dangazzm

So is that a no that there isn't an archive of the older versions? Or maybe they are on your harddrive? :p I deleted it to fix an issue not thinking that I wouldn't be able to re-download it for my server.

Thank you for the plugin, I think its fantastic.

10. Offline

rokugin

I personally like this new speed, it's not blindingly fast. The only problem I have noticed is that this method is more likely to lag than the last version did.

Hope you find a good method, still an awesome mod, keep up the good work:)

11. Offline

godgodgodgo

What are the permissions nodes for this?

12. Offline

THEK

This looks fantastic. Using it with Turnstile so I can charge people to enter it sounds good :D

13. Offline

BjarkeBS

@SunShe, first of all, thanks for the plugin its great and i hope you have fun making it, as much as we have fun using it.
    Also best of luck to you so you can find a good method. this is a great mod!

Cheer up. :D

14. Offline

h3ndy_

Hey, how is the Development going?
    Also how is your plugin for your real life going? :D

15. Offline

AmericanTension

are there still chunk loading problems at a lower speed? if not, it may be more of a blessing than a curse, because then you can have longer strips of uninterrupted highway :)

either way, amazing mod and a lot of fun, provides quick transport without having to allow teleports ^_^

16. Offline

cheepz

Is there a reason why my players, including myself seem to lag HORRIBLY only when walking across the glass + wool pathway? It takes more time then it should to get from 1 end to another.

17. Offline

SunShe

Because this currently sad and ugly mode work by scheduler, that want mean by a "time relay". If you got an high ping on your server, you will show a fake effect of lagg. It's not a lagg, it's just because the time between the "horloge scheduler" and the time of your "server data transfert" are more low than it. You feel a teleport back and it's not pleasante. At a local server (127.0.0.1) it's really nice and smooth without any lagg effect. But at distance, the problems begins. :/ I know i'm so sad like you about this new transport system :'(. These days, i had not the time to work on it. But in my brain, i have think to some astuces. I will watch that soon but again, i promess nothing.

Muhahaha :D My friend i have found a way to get back the older speed fast like crazy we luve it. Still working on it... But it progress... Maybe it's not the end of this plugin. But i have some terrible errors in console and sometime server kick me out. :/ It's not ready but i think i'm on an interesting way because i can same if i want set more fast than the previous result from the 0.71 & 0.72.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

18. Offline

michael05242002

nice:D looking forward to your new work

19. Offline

marky1991

Once the plugin's back to basic working order, (assuming it does), I'd like to ask for this too: "Can you make the block you must build the road with configurable?" Currently, my server heavily uses colored wool and glass for other roleplay-related things, and we're accidentally having roads where we don't want them. Thanks!

edit: Accidentally left out the fact that we use glass too, which made our problem seem unrelated.

20. Offline

SunShe

Ahah awesome awesome. No errors, No warnings, No kicks out server. I rockz. Be ready for the 0.74 with the speed of 0.71 & 0.72. Tomorow if i have the time, i will fix the latests things and release it. Good night everyone.

21. Offline

h3ndy_

Nice :)
    Cannot wiat to use this again :D

22. Offline

Nate204

Waiting =O This looks AWESOME!

Any news ^_^?

23. Offline

SunShe

Ye, the v0.74

Nate204 likes this.
  24. Offline

Nate204

TESTING!! Thank You!

Ok..... Now it's woking perfect! ..odd?
    I was looking into something else when a guest said:
    "Wow! How does the wool and glass do that!?"

So...I guess only time will tell lol
    GREAT WORK!

I do get this now, but I tossed it on the Vanish forum as a heads up.
    Both this, and NoCheat conflict... Nocheat doesn't surprise me, and it still works.

25. Offline

SunShe

lol you are so funny, thank to you, you are welcome.

26. Offline

EnigmaticMiner

:OOOOOOOOO
    GONNA TEST NOW.

27. Another little bug...
    Show Spoiler

04:25:24 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-646-gb61ef8c-b670jnks (MC: 1.4)
    04:25:24 [INFO] Preparing level "World"
    04:25:24 [INFO] Preparing start region
    04:25:24 [INFO] 144 recipes
    04:25:25 [INFO] Loaded Essentials build 2.1.22 maintained by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    04:25:25 [INFO] [QuickStrasse] version 0.74 by SunShe is enabled!
    04:25:25 [INFO] Done (0.122s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    04:25:48 [INFO] KHobbits [/127.0.0.1:49016] logged in with entity id 86
    04:26:07 [WARNING] KHobbits moved wrongly!
    04:26:07 [INFO] Got position 3.5, 73.0, 497.5
    04:26:07 [INFO] Expected 3.5, 73.0, 495.5
    04:26:08 [WARNING] KHobbits moved wrongly!
    04:26:08 [INFO] Got position 3.5, 73.0, 490.5
    04:26:08 [INFO] Expected 3.5, 73.0, 490.5
    04:26:08 [WARNING] KHobbits moved wrongly!
    04:26:08 [INFO] Got position 3.5, 73.0, 493.5
    04:26:08 [INFO] Expected 3.5, 73.0, 493.5
    04:26:09 [WARNING] KHobbits moved wrongly!
    04:26:09 [INFO] Got position 3.5, 73.0, 493.5
    04:26:09 [INFO] Expected 3.5, 73.0, 493.5
    04:26:09 [INFO] Got position 3.5, 73.0, 490.5
    04:26:09 [INFO] Expected 3.5, 73.0, 492.5
    04:26:09 [INFO] Got position 3.5, 73.0, 492.5
    04:26:09 [INFO] Expected 3.5, 73.0, 491.5
    04:26:09 [INFO] Expected 3.5, 73.0, 490.5
    04:26:09 [INFO] Expected 3.5, 73.0, 491.5
    04:26:12 [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to add player. net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer@56(KHobbits at 3.5,73.0,511
    .5) already is in chunk -10, 41
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to add player. net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer@56(KHobbits at 3.5,73.0,511.5) already is in chunk -10, 41
    at net.minecraft.server.PlayerInstance.a(PlayerInstance.java:38)
    at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.c(PlayerManager.java:141)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.b(ServerConfigurationManager.java:111)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:268)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    04:26:13 [INFO] Freed 67.0294189453125 MB.
    >

I had placed glowstone at the end of each path, and between paths (forks) replacing these with glass seemed to solve the issue, not quite sure why, maybe the current system needs paths to end with wool?

28. Offline

Nate204

CraftBukkit 617
    Happens randomly while in use. When it does happen though, it stops working. You can be right in the middle of the track and almost there~ and bam. Dies. I tried reloading my plugins, and It didn't fix it.

Suggestions?

I see an out of mem error =O
    Am I screwed?

My server runs 2.5gb of RAM.

29. Offline

SunShe

Nate204, What i see, it's that "Vanish" Plugin make a conflict with "QuickStrasse".
    KHobbits, You just need to keep an empty space of 2 blocks on top of glasses. No need the end with glass.

30. Offline

Wursti1

Richtig genial das Plugin! Weiter so :D Ich werds jetzt für meinen Server benutzen ;D