[MECH] FastFood v0.7 - Eat food instantly, disable hunger, fully customizable [1.4.7-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by garbagemule, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Offline

garbagemule

FastFood - Eat food instantly!
    v0.7 | Download | Instructions | Source

Would you like to be able to instantly consume food and regain health like in pre-1.8 Minecraft? Would you like to customize the amount of health regained by food (and even non-food)? Want to disable the hunger bar health regain? Then FastFood is the plugin you're looking for.

Developed primarily as a supplement plugin to MobArena, FastFood allows you to give players (with certain permissions) the ability to right-click with food and regain health instantly. It allows you to disable the effect of the food bar (so players don't regain health when their food bar is full). All settings and values can be changed from in-game.

Please read the Instructions for more information on how to use and set up this plugin.

Note: FastFood only works for players with the correct permissions! As such, the plugin doesn't change anything on the server unless the permissions are given. This is what makes it ideal for MobArena.

How to use with MobArena
    Using MobArena's per-class permissions, simply give all your classes the permission 'fastfood', like such:
    Code:
    classes:
        Archer:
            items: ...
            armor: ...
            permissions:
            - fastfood
    And you're done.

Features
    • Instant eat food like in pre-1.8 Minecraft
    • Customize how much health the food heals/damages
    • Regain health independently of the food bar
    • Disable the health regain feature of the food bar
    • Perfect for use with MobArena
    • Supports Heroes
    To-do
    • Fix the known issues.
    Known issues
    • When eating a bowl of mushroom soup, the bowl is not returned.
    Changelog
    v0.7
    • Added support for enchanted golden apples.
    v0.6
    • Updated to Minecraft 1.4.7
    v0.5
    • Cake can now be placed on the ground and consumed as before.
    • Fixed the "spam" error.
    v0.4
    • Added a "root" permission node, 'fastfood', for easier usage.
    • Fixed the error when typing a command without arguments.
    v0.3
    • Updated for CraftBukkit #1240.
    • The only regen events cancelled now are those of the RegainReason.SATIATED reason. This shouldn't change anything in how FastFood works, though.
    Previous versions (open)
    v0.2
    • Updated for CraftBukkit #1185.
    • Added permission 'fastfood.nostarve'. With this set to true, players will not lose health due to starvation.
    v0.1
    • Initial release.

rakiru and RugRats like this.
  2. Offline

Plague

tag me when the CB for this goes stable

3. Offline

bluegobln

I would like to be able to disable starvation, but leave the rest of the food settings the same. Basically, when your food gets to zero, it does nothing, but you cannot heal up unless you eat enough food to be full. Is that possible with this? if not could be be implemented?

4. Offline

garbagemule

@Plague - Updated for CB 1185. Ready for take-off :)

@bluegobln - Added in v0.2 - Give players the permission fastfood.nostarve if you want them to not lose health when their food bar reaches 0.

5. Offline

jeroende2e

This is really nice!
    can you still eat some food like in 1.8?

6. Offline

garbagemule

@jeroende2e - The food you specify in the foodhealth.yml file is the food that you are able to eat like in pre-1.8. If you remove the apple-node, for instance, you should no longer be able to eat apples instantly, and it -should- work like in 1.8+. FastFood will not work for anyone unless they get the proper permissions, e.g. fastfood.instanteat.

7. Offline

jeroende2e

Ok, thanks!
    yeah really cool
    in 1.8, do you eat cake also slow?
    (didn't try that yet)

8. Offline

Visagalis

how i can just disable hunger draining health? and leave other stuff as it is now?

9. Offline

recon88

Multiworld Support?

It should be contain:
    If i join the world "mobarena" it should switch to your plugin. If i'm going back to my normal world it should load the old state of this world.

possible?

10. Offline

garbagemule

@jeroende2e - Cake is consumed instantly in 1.8.1 at least. I'll be looking into supporting it properly in FastFood soon.

@Visagalis - Use the fastfood.nostarve permission.

@recon88 - That is entirely up to the permissions plugin you use. If the permissions plugin supports multiworld, just give players the permissions in that world and not in the other worlds. Alternatively, use the per-class permissions in MobArena to give all classes the proper permissions. Check the Wiki page Setting up the config-file for details.

11. Offline

recon88

ok i forgot about permission... so that question is answered.

BUT is it possible to save state from world "1" if i'm entering "mobarena" ? and when i'm leaving world "mobarena" back to normal world it should load the state of hunger and maybe life

12. Offline

dyrnwyn

Loaded this up and tried it, but it's spitting the following:

Code:
    2011-09-22 20:39:04 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to FastFood
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: STARVATION
        at garbagemule.FastFood.listeners.FFEntityListener.onEntityDamage(FFEntityListener.java:34)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$60.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:663)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.aa(EntityLiving.java:133)
        at net.minecraft.server.Entity.s_(Entity.java:192)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.s_(EntityLiving.java:268)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1193)
        at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.entityJoinedWorld(WorldServer.java:48)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.playerJoinedWorld(World.java:1175)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1090)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:460)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    I'm running 1185 CB, Permissions 3.15, Heroes, essentials, lockette, logblock, vanish, world edit, iconomy, otherdrops, and herochat.

13. Offline

garbagemule

@dyrnwyn - Are you absolutely sure you're running 1185? The changelog from 1182 says the field was added, so if it can't be found, chances are you aren't running the build you think you are :3

14. Offline

bluegobln

Thanks, this is now preventing starvation from damaging my players (and myself) Woot! That alone is worth a big thank you. The other features of this plugin (while I am not using them myself) are also awesome. :D

15. Offline

sintri

Any way to auto regen food bar without permissions?
    Also, installing this ignores difficulty settings, aka, not having food would stop you at 50% rather than 5%
    Also would like a multiplier for hunger decreases, be able to edit so you'd only need to each every hour or so of continous labour.
    Edit: scratch that, difficulty thing was a problem with /reload. At any rate, whole plugin's not really very useful without permissions.

16. Offline

Supuhstar

It's.... not doing anything for my server. Food still works like 1.8

17. Offline

Makatiel

Yes Yes Yes! Absolutely this. The main reason I found this page was looking for a Plug-In that would make the hunger bar decay at half the speed it currently does. I will have a very happy group of players if I can find a plug-in to do that. :)

18. Offline

garbagemule

@Supuhstar - That's what you get for not reading the instructions :)

19. Offline

alfskan

Im op and admin.

Food still works like 1.8

I read instructions but there are nothing special..

It should work with default config, right?

And what is the permission node for permissions 3.x?
    (is it support permissions 3.x?)

- 'fastfood.nostarve'
    - 'fastfood.instanteat'
    - '-fastfood.autoregain' ?

please let me use this awesome plugin.:'(

20. Offline

Supuhstar

I take offense - the first thing I do with every plugin is read the instructions! I can't get it to work, and I'd appreciate some help.

21. Offline

garbagemule

@alfskan - You need to take Permissions 3.x and delete it as hard as you can. It's inactive and will stay that way, so don't expect any plugins to support it in 2-3 months. Get with the times.

@Supuhstar - The instructions clearly (to me) tell how to set up the permission nodes. Can you tell me which part of it you don't understand?

22. Offline

RugRats

Awesome!!!

23. Offline

alfskan

Yeah I know.

But Heroes(1.2.5) only supports permissions 3.x.( isn't it?)

So I cant change my perm plugin yet..

Then how your plugin supports heroes?

Am I missing something?

24. Offline

garbagemule

@alfskan - Whether or not Heroes supports SuperPerms is irrelevant to whether or not this plugin supports Heroes. You don't need a permissions plugin for Heroes to work :) The way it supports Heroes is by updating the health properly with Heroes installed as well.

25. Offline

RugRats

Can you make it so OP gets all permissions by default?

26. Offline

skillinazn

Is it possible for this to work for mobarena only?

27. Offline

garbagemule

@RugRats - Nope. The plugin is meant to work only when players have the proper permissions.

@skillinazn - That's the whole motivation for making this plugin. Just use MobArena's per-class permissions system, and give the appropriate permissions to all classes.

RugRats likes this.
  28. Offline

RugRats

I see now! Thank you!

29. Offline

Supuhstar

I never said I don't understand them... I followed them, to the best of my knowledge, to a tee. FastFood is in the plugins folder and so is Permissions. This is what I have in terms of Permissions config files:

plugins/Permissions/globalGroups.yml
    Code:
    groups:
        dEon:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: '&1'
                suffix:
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'fastfood.nostarve'
                - 'fastfood.instanteat'
                - 'fastfood.autoregain'
                - 'essentials.help'
                - 'essentials.afk'
                - 'essentials.rules'
                - 'essentials.motd'
                - 'essentials.me'
                - 'essentials.mail'
                - 'essentials.nick'
                - 'essentials.ping'
        Kyli:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: '&d'
                suffix:
                build: true
            inheritance:
                - dEon
            permissions:
                - '*'

plugins/Permissions/globalUsers.yml
    Code:
    users:
        Supuhstar:
            groups:
            - Kyli
            permissions: []
        Diet_Rite:
            groups:
            - dEon
            permissions: []

30. Offline

garbagemule

@Supuhstar - Ah, there's your problem. This plugin does not work with the now inactive and outdated Permissions 2/3. I suggest PermissionsBukkit, PermissionsEx or bPermissions.