Inactive [MECH] CrowdControl v0.0.3 - The creature control plugin [1.1R3]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by WinSock, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Offline

WinSock

CrowdControl - The creature control plugin.
    Version 0.0.3

New Rewrite is out! Get it at:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/crowdcontrol/
    Temp Download Link Below

Yes it's back, the two plugins MobControl and CrowdControl have been merged now and I present to you on the behalf of the elBukkit team the new and improved CrowdControl! Features are still being added from both of the old plugins but i have decided that enough basic functionality is here to release it to the general public!

If you're not familiar with JSON i recommend this online editor:
    http://jsoneditoronline.org/

Todo/Issues

Download

Source

Milestones

Full Changelog

11RJB and NathanWolf like this.
  2. Offline

sintri

Will try later, would be awesome if it turns out working. Was using mobcontrol before though had way too many issues partially with not working and partially with errors so will take a look into this.

3. Offline

WinSock

Version 0.25
    New database, delete your old one!

4. Offline

bill45

Uh the new database or update doesn't seem to work. I did notice thought that it does now tell you that you set the creature info. And what I mean by it doesn't work well is that creatures don't seem to spawn unless you restart the server to get them to spawn. It only spawns the creatures you set. Then after you kill them all they are gone till another server restart.
    And yes I know I typed in the set creature commands right because it said "Set Creature Info!" each time. Also there is some odd long error the server sends out each time a zombie attacks me.
    Code:
    [WARNING] Task of 'CrowdControl' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.elBukkit.bukkit.plugins.crowd.creature.CreatureHandler.run(CreatureHandler.java:502)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:138)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:389)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:312)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

5. Offline

WinSock

It only spawning creatures you set was on purpose to prevent peoples servers getting overrun by every type of mob.
    Hrm, it seems like my custom damage handler isn't canceling the default minecraft one and when u kill a mob my plugin still thinks they still are there.
    And i will fix the NPE

6. Offline

Spycoclown

is it posible to set a spawn point with only one mob?

Like a spawn point for Cows. I want to build a Farm. With an Fence with only cows one fence with only chickens and one fence with only Pigs?

7. Offline

WinSock

Eventually, i started to make a rule that can do just that but i had other problems to attend to before i could finish it. The rule would allow you to define a cuboid that mobs could only spawn in.

8. Offline

Spycoclown

that would be great thx :)

9. Offline

bill45

Oh, WinSock I got a question about the damage from the mobs. Is it possible to actually change the damage of the mobs and not have it go through any other plugins say invincibility or defense boost? Cause at the moment I just had god mode on for admins, but the creatures can still hurt us. Or if you have say, levelcraft and you have a defense boost because you leveled it up, it will still hurt you for the full damage set with this mod.

10. Offline

WinSock

Hmmm, it will make my code a little more complex but i think i see a way to fix that too. It will be in my 0.25.01 bug fix release.

11. Offline

bill45

Cool, thank you.

12. Offline

Lead2Life

Do I need to connect to MySQL? Because I amn't and if I install this plugin no monster/animal appears.

13. Offline

WinSock

This plugin sets all mobs to disabled ad you need to re-enable them with the "set" command. It was put this way to prevent destruction of servers.

14. Offline

Lead2Life

I've now added all monsters to my server. But there's noone. So I tried to set that rule "SpawnMaterialRule" because I thought there should be any block they must be spawned on but everytime I want to set up the rule it says: Error: argument exception
    My command is: /crowd finish 0 world CHICKEN x ( x= 0-9999) and if I type instead of a number the name like "DIRT" it says: internal error and console shows many errors. Can anyone help me plz?

15. Offline

bill45

Can you show one of the "/crowd set" commands you used to turn on the spawn for one of your creatures please?

16. Offline

Lead2Life

/crowd set CHICKEN world Passive Passive 0 0 false 5 0 25 Enabled

17. Offline

WinSock

/crowd set CHICKEN world Passive Passive 0 0 false 5 0 25 true

18. Offline

bill45

Bah I look away for a moment and you answered it before me. :p

I do have a question @Lead2Life did it say "Set Creature Info!" when you typed it with "Enabled"? Just curious..

19. Offline

WinSock

20. Offline

Lead2Life

Hey thanks that worked for me! But however I can't set up the rule SpawnMaterialRule ( argument exception )
    Yes it say "Set creature info!" when I typed it with "Enabled"

21. Offline

WinSock

Released version 0.25.01

I think i fixed the argument exception for that with version 0.25.01

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  22. Offline

bill45

Ok, so just tried it. I'm like ah all the creatures are already spawning(on passive which is cool). But soon as I set the zombie to aggressive day and night along with doing 6 damage(spawn rate around 55)...He then became invincible starting lagging the server and spitting out errors for each zombie as shown below. Sorry if this is my fault with the damage handler >.<

Code:
    [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-16"
    2011-06-14 13:32:59 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-06-14 13:32:59 [SEVERE]     at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:34)
    2011-06-14 13:32:59 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2011-06-14 13:32:59 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-18"
    2011-06-14 13:32:59 [SEVERE]     at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:34)
    2011-06-14 13:32:59 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-21"
    2011-06-14 13:32:59 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-19"
    2011-06-14 13:33:00 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-06-14 13:33:00 [SEVERE]     at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:34)

Also for anyone else, delete your old database otherwise you get some really weird bugs.

Side note I did see your boolean code, dang..I don't think they have that in C++...we are just stuck with if statments or loops for that or a few other ways but that is way less code in java.

Edit: Ok, that is a lie there is string compare for a small amount of code just for string but, I do like the java code better.

23. Offline

Lead2Life

So I've got massive laggs too. Please fix it fast^^

24. Offline

WinSock

Spawn rate is a float value, so 1.0-0.0 just FYI it may be the cause of the lag because i cannot seem to reproduce the lag

And that isn't an error with my plugin i don't think. It's an error from mcbean's zombieattack plugin.

25. Offline

bill45

Ah I see my bad. Ok, I shall try it out real quick.

26. Offline

WinSock

Ok there is a lag problem too, version 0.25.02 uploaded :)

Opps i see debug text left over.... 0.25.03.....

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  27. Offline

bill45

Alright I was wrong...I can not test it because minecraft.net is down. I will have to test it later. Thank you for all the quick replies and updates btw :)

28. Offline

WinSock

If its just a local testing server set online-mode: false and connect using offline mode. Thats how i tested these latest updates :p

Edit:
    minecraft.net is back up :)
    Edit 2:
    At least there http server is

29. Offline

Stabhappy

Hello! Me again!

Just tried the latest release and while everything is muuuuuch better now, there's still a little problem or two that I'm hoping you can resolve before we put the plugin into effect on our server.

The first is the quanitity of monsters. I like how they spawn now, but I feel that perhaps spawning more (about double) by default, or allow us to configure how many per chunk in a certain way would be incredible

The second is very minor but it takes a while for new mobs to spawn after you fly out of the area into a new area.

As soon as the monsters can be spawned more frequently and with the current low level of lag, I think it's safe to say that there's not a whole lot left to do except maybe clean up how commands are entered (it's really quite difficult for the first few hours of using the plugin, but you do get used to it).

Thanks for your continued efforts.

Edit: And perhaps a better way to use material spawning rules would actaully be to list which materials the monsters CANT spawn on, for example I would like to stop zombies spawning in water currently and that's difficult.

Edit2: Actually, there's looooads in the water so maybe just being able to make them not spawn in water will raise the count on land quite drastically.

30. Offline

WinSock

Let me quickly add those changes and test to see if it does what you want :)

31. Offline

Darcion

can anyone tell me if all the lags are gone? i dont wanna update every hour and now i droped it.