[MECH] BorderGuard v4.40: #1, Most Efficient Map Limiter [1.7.8]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Intelli, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Offline

Intelli

BorderGuard 4.40

BorderGuard is the MOST efficient Border plugin available!
    100,000+ downloads! Thank you for your support!

This plugin prevents people from exploring beyond a defined border. This plugin checks for all movement, including vehicle movement, and will keep you within the border even if you remain within a vehicle.

Downloads:
    http://minerealm.com/plugins/borderguard/BorderGuard.jar (v4.40)
    (If you appreciate this plugin, please feel free to leave a comment below. =])

To set an invisible border:
    /setborder <distance> <square|round> - Set the border, and the distance of the border from your current point. Optionally, also specify if the border is to be square or round.

To disable the border:
    /disableborder - Remove the border.

---

Only the person who first uses the /setborder command can use it again, or remove the border.

The plugin has multi-world support. When setting a border, you're only setting the border for the world you're presently situated in. You'll need to set a border for each separate world.

[​IMG]

Version History:
    V4.40 - Fixed vehicle teleportation & added Material data support.
    V4.31 - Added a quick fix so that it'll work with the CraftBukkit development build.
    V4.30 - Updated to work with the new Bukkit API (#1846) R5+
    Older Versions (open)

V4.20 - Fixed it so the save-file no longer becomes corrupted with multiple worlds. Code cleanup.
    V4.11 - Changed getDisplayName() checks to getName().
    V4.10 - Major performance enhancements. Using version 4 is highly discouraged.
    V4.00 - Modified to work with the latest craftbukkit version (953). Older versions no longer work.
    V3.10 - Removed the multi-threading, was causing accuracy issues.
    V3.00 - BorderGuard Turbo! Now works with bukkit 670, and has completely overhauled the base BorderGuard "engine", resulting in a huge performance boost.
    V2.40 - Updated to work with the latest version of bukkit. (602)
    V2.30 - Resolved multi-world issues. Now properly handles multiple worlds.
    V2.20 - Updated to work with the latest version of bukkit. Existing configuration files will no longer work. (Borders must be re-defined).
    V2.10 - Updated to work with the latest version of bukkit. Fixed movement issues with the "round" version.
    V2.00 - Multi-world support, better teleporting, no duplicate warning messages, configuration file now within folder.
    V1.00 - Released plugin.

Notes:
    1. Using, for example, "/setborder 5", will set the border 5 blocks away from the location you are standing. This would create a border that is 10x10 in size.
    2. For the full plugin, with physical borders and more, take a look here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-borderguard-v2-00-limit-your-map.656/

Let me know if you have any questions, or find any problems.
    Enjoy!

AviciiPL, MrMag518, MiRROW and 23 others like this.
  2. Offline

baffu

Intelli the bukkit dev page is a bit out of date and marked inactive. Do you think you could/should change that.

AS1LV3RN1NJA likes this.
  3. Offline

Royalgamer06

lol, if I set a border to round, does it be seen in dynmap as a round map?

4. Offline

khamseen_air

I don't think it would, since chunks are square so even though you can't go past the border, the chunks which are visible beyond it would still show up on DynMap.

5. Offline

jpta162

Are ops able to pass the border?

Kieron Etherimgton likes this.
  6. Offline

Royalgamer06

A circle on Paint isn't perfectly round either!

7. Offline

khamseen_air

No.

Yes, but those are square pixels. Chunks are much larger.

8. Offline

Royalgamer06

not if you have a big radius!

9. Offline

khamseen_air

If you're not interested in the answer, why ask the question? Just do it yourself and find out then.

10. Offline

asb1230

Update soon?

11. Offline

Intelli

Should be working fine on 1.2.4

12. Offline

khamseen_air

It is.

13. Offline

yoh1len

Heya,
    could you add possibility of admin permission? In my opinion it would be good if admins could cross over border but normal players could not.

Thx :)

14. Offline

jpta162

A border wand would be pretty cool so you can mark the exit instead of extimating the size you want

15. Offline

number1_Master

I second this!

16. Offline

Joannou1

17. Offline

khamseen_air

18. Offline

Joannou1

Running Version #4.31!
    And MV #527
    CB; #2150

19. Offline

fussionzz97

I've made this video for your plugin it would help me out if you could attach it to the thread!

20. Offline

norsac321

I would love if you could make it so that you could use the Worldedit Wand with this so whatever is selected (With the wand) it will make a border there

DarkByte7 likes this.
  21. is this plugin not on bukkitdev? I'm trying to simplify my update process by centralizing all my updates via bukkitdev, but the version there appears to be marked as inactive (with no files).
    I fully understand if you chose to not host files there. I'm just trying to make sure i follow the correct paths.

22. Offline

KevinEssence

How big do you recommend I make my square border? I will have between 100-200 players online.

23. Offline

revo96

Can you make it possible to place more borders in 1 world because i have on my server several buildings (Huge one's) but not close to each other and i want to place a border between the buildings so that people cant walk out and that you could add something like an ingame tool like wooden shovel (youll need to bound the WB to it) that you can select a region like Worldedit and just type /bg create Border1 and such hope you could anything like this

Greets ~Revo

24. Offline

drece

Yes i would also like to see multiborder support for one world and worldedit select after.

25. Offline

HermitCrap

Intelli PLEASE MAKE A PHYSICAL BORDER LIKE THE PREVIOUS VERSION!!! We can choose whether we want a physical one or an invisible one by ourself! Please make it so that the physical circular border is actually a sphere and not just a wall up all the way to the sky. THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

26. Offline

Intelli

Unfortunately, this plugin isn't under active development currently, and is only maintained as necessary.
    However, once the mcAPI comes out and I port it, I may consider adding physical borders back in as an option.

27. Offline

number1_Master

Intelli Will you ever add a permission node to bypass the border?

28. Offline

Raptor2213

29. Will this mod be updated?

30. Offline

Intelli

Updated in what way? There's no additional features planned for this plugin at the present time. However, it works perfectly and is stable/up-to-date.

slipcor and kahlilnc like this.
  31. Ah - thx. Yes i am using this mod. Thank you, it works perfect with MC 1.25 and craftbukkit-1.2.5-R3.0. I ask, because this:
    So, if it won´t work anymore with a future bukkit-version, will you update this mod?