Maps

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ewrs, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ewrs

Hey. I have such a question, how can I render a map and stick it in an ItemFrame?

I need to make it so that in this ItemFrame was placed a picture from the folder, which I will indicate. Could you tell me how to do this?

I use it
    final ItemFrame iFrame = (ItemFrame) e.getPlayer (). getWorld (). spawnEntity (loc, EntityType.ITEM_FRAME);

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@ewrs
    Well, you would need to create your own MapRenderer to render the image, and then add that renderer to the maps that need that image.

This was something I already did for my one of my plugins. I'd recommend you look at the util below to see how it is done, and then either copy and paste the utils into your own project, or just download that plugin and use it as an API.

The MapRenderer:
    https://github.com/ZombieStriker/Pl...er/pluginconstructor/CustomImageRenderer.java

The util for creating an setting the maps:
    https://github.com/ZombieStriker/Pl...ie_striker/pluginconstructor/MapWallUtil.java

3. Offline

ewrs

I decided with the rendering, but didn’t understand how I can upload a picture from the FOLDER and insert it into ItemFrame through the ItemStack

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Find a file in the folder, turn it into a BufferedImage, then you should be able to use the util class that Zombie_Striker provided.

5. Offline

ewrs

CustomImageRenderer? That is error. I'm used 1.12.2

6. Offline

Did you download that class from the links above?

7. Offline

ewrs

8. Offline

@ewrs Then what error do you get? Because "That is error" is not enough to tell what is wrong so we can fix it.

9. Offline

ewrs

CustomImageRenderer cannot be resolved to a variable

Where should I get it?

10. Offline

@ewrs Please post your code.

11. Offline

ewrs

12. Offline

@ewrs And if you hover your mouse over the error, does it give quick fix suggestions?
    Are the classes in the same package?

13. Offline

ewrs

Create a class, interface, etc.
    Yes

UDP: Everything, I understood a mistake and solved it. But I still have a couple of questions. I will write them later.

UPD2: Hi again. I did it, thank you. But now there is a question. Can I update the map and write on it online of another server on the bungee? Or will I need to create my own pictures from 1/100, 2/100, etc.?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  14. Offline

Bungeecord requires offline mode.
    Offline mode is not supported by Bukkit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.