Map reset around the spawn after crash with no plugins installed [bukkit 1.4.7 R1.0]

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by kubus12345, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kubus12345

hi guys!

Some days ago my friends and i wanted to start again our minecraft server.... after we have installed all plugins, build the city etc. then (after doing something with worldedit) the server crashed.

after the restart around the spawn everything was reseted to the last /save-all (i think 200-400 blocks around the spawn). all other things that are not near the spawn are normal everything is there.

So i tried to find the plugin with is making this error. i copied all datas to my home server and started like this:

1. remove map
    2. remove one plugin
    3. put blocks around the spawn and far away
    4. crash the server
    5. restart the server
    6. look for the blocks

the solution was:
    around the spawn new chunks are created and dont fit to the others and far away everything was the same as before the crash.
    So i tryed this with all plugins and then there was no plugin left and the server is doing this again...
    and there are no errors at the console

i really dont know that i should do now.. i need your help

iam the only one with this error?

EDIT:
    I tested it now on 3 servers:
    Server one (Java 1.7): Problem exists with and without plugins
    Server two (Java 1.6): Problem exists with and without plugins
    Server three (Java 1.6): Everything works all right with and without plugins

i crashed all servers with worldedit, spam and a self-made plugin.

if you need more information just say it.

2. Offline

LaxWasHere

This is obviously a user error.

Solution: Learn to worldedit properly.

3. Offline

kubus12345

the Server can crash because of anything else and then there is the problem with the map, too?

4. Offline

midnightfang22

It might be simply because it didn't save it before the crash that it reset?
    Servers can crash. Learn the limits of your server and try to keep people away from it. As for worldedit, don't do massive edits or use it to create items that simply "drop" or break immediately when created (such as flowers over an air block) in large amounts. That can make it crash if the server can't handle the amount made. The self-made plugin might crash it because of a mistake you made; you would have to go into Plugin Development to ask them about that specifically.

5. Offline

kubus12345

the problem is not that servers can crash.
    If a normal server crashs the map is saved but if my server crashs some chunks around the spawn arent saved.
    the plugin is made to overload the server and crash so i can see whether the server saves the chunks around the spawn but theses are is just saved if i do /save-all
    Also if you would have crashed the server just with one thing, like we, you could not know if the server doesnt save it because if we.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.