Making a timer for dialogue?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by iClipse, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

iClipse

So I am making a plugin for an adventure map, right? And I want to add a timer for dialogue to appear. Here's what I got: (Keep in mind im doing this blindly, I just found a thread that might help and copied the timer part not knowing if its correct of not)
    Code:

((Player) event).sendMessage(ChatColor.GREEN +"Victor: Heroes, you've returned at the right time! After Herobrine died, a reincarnation reappeared!");
                timer()
                , 120, 120);
                ((Player) event).sendMessage(ChatColor.GREEN +"Victor: I began to feel his presence at the time these monsters came out of the ground! Please, help us and get rid of him for good!");
                ((Player) event).sendMessage(ChatColor.GREEN +"Victor: A light flashed over by the village to the north, I fear Herobrine has returned.");
                ((Player) event).sendMessage(ChatColor.GREEN +"@r : We'll end him, victor. Just stay out of danger. Don't leave this house until we return!");
        }}}      

So the part of the code, right where is says "timer", is underlined. It says its an "invalid expression". Can someone help me out?

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@iClipse
    What is this timer? Did you create that method? If so, post that method.

3. Offline

iClipse

o. I thought it was already a method, like one of those preset methods in Bukkit, kinda like getDamager().

Welp. nevermind what I asked, ima quickly make one

Sorry, abit new to this. What would I fill this method with?
    private boolean timer() {
    //WHAT DO I PUT HERE
    return true;

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@iClipse Why are you casting an event to a player?

5. Offline

iClipse

I'm sending the message to a player, well, more specifically, all players. Ive never really been told how to send a message in public chat :/

6. Offline

@iClipse You get all players, loop through them.
    Or server#broadcastMessage

7. Offline

iClipse

server#broadcastMessage? Never heard or seen that...

TELL ME MORE

8. Offline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.