Solved Looking to hand over a plugin (xPets, 4k downloads) [DEV FOUND]

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by JPG2000, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JPG2000

Pre-note: By 'take over' I mean be the manager of the plugin. %95 yours (I'll still keep my self as a low rank on it, who ever takes it over will have all of the permissions.

Hello guys!

I have a plugin, xPets, which just hit 4,000 downloads. Its a very very very very simple plugin. I haven't updated it in months, and I have no intrest to. Pretty much, its just 4 classes. 4 classes with horrible code. A low developer could probably update this.

Basicly, xPets is a plugin where admins can open up an inventory, click a mob egg and name it. Its very simple (and stupid :p) yet it has 4,000 downloads. I never even update it.

I am looking for someone to take it over, and handle the code and such. Since 4,000 people downloaded it, and I've been telling them I would do an update (I haven't), I think it really needs a new developer. The people diserve it, and it would be beneficial to the developer, to.

Link: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/xpets/

Anyone who is interested, please send me a PM asap. I will write a big 'closed' once its taken.

- Jake

POSITION TAKEN

2. Offline

The_Doctor_123

I'd consider, but I don't quite get what it does. J:

3. Offline

JPG2000

The_Doctor_123 It just a plugin where you can open an inventory, click a mob, then spawn it with a name.

Its simple enough that you should probally scrap the current code (if you want it) and redo it.

4. I could take over if you want. I'll listen to bug reports and feature requests and try my best to complete them.

5. Offline

JPG2000

KevyPorter Hm.

I've been watching your post's, and I don't think your the right person. Thank you for the offer though.

The_Doctor_123 What do you think about taking it over? Any concerns? Your basicly inheriting a project that has a 4,000 download boost.

6. I've gotten alot better but still some things I don't understand, but it's ok

7. Offline

JPG2000

KevyPorter Im sorry if I hurt your felling, I didn't mean to.

What I said at the top, about a low developer, was incorrect. I atlest need someone that has a moderate understanding of code, and could really boost xPets. I really want someone that could carry on, and bring some updates to get xPets more downloads and publicity.

Again, Im sorry if I hurt your feelings.

xTrollxDudex likes this.
  8. Offline

Stealth2800

Looks like an interesting plugin. I'd be willing to continue it for you.

9. No you didn't hurt my feelings.
    Code:java
    1. @EventHandler
    2. public void onKevyFeeling(KevyFeelingEvent event)
    3. Kevy kevy = event.getKevy
    4. event.setKevyFeeling.GOOD

:)

JPG2000 likes this.
  10. Offline

JPG2000

Stealth2800 Awesome. Sent you a PM

SkillSam You gotta ask Stealth2800 hes the new owner. BukkitDev has to add it to him though!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  11. Offline

Luukwa

JPG2000 You might have the source code for me? I kinda am new to coding and like to start with a base like this.
    Would really help me, thanks.

12. Offline

JPG2000

Luukwa Sure. The source is kind of old, be warned.

Download JD-Gui, and download xPets. decompile it. If it doesn't work, messgae me, and I cam pastebin the classes (Its 4 or 3).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.