Looking for server plugin developer

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Sambhur, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sambhur

The Craftserver Community: The Multiverse of Ethia is looking for a plugin developer which can make some custom plugins for our server. We won't pay for the work because our goal of this server is to make a server where every member of the staff do it because they like to do it and not because they get paid. The first plugin we want made is an towny/faction addon. The addon should make cuboid possible for making plots on towny and make faction land not claim able by towny and towny land not claim able by factions. More info about the plugin will follow if you join. Also if you want to know more about our server you can go to our website: http://craftserver.org

For more info about this hiring feel free to post.

Sambhur
    The Craftserver Community

2. Offline

zachoooo

When it comes to developers, you get what you pay for. Why would someone want to spend hours of work making custom private plugins for no reason? You people need to look at it from our perspective. Not many developers even play minecraft. We don't care much for staff positions. If you want developers to work for free you either have to make them an owner or find some incentive to make them work for hours and hours on your custom plugins.

Milkywayz and ZeusAllMighty11 like this.
  3. Offline

Sambhur

I am not interested in fulltime developers. I am looking for some developers which does develop in their free time because they think it is fun. I am not a administrator on my server because of payment. I do because it because I think it is fun spending a few hours at day on a server. So should the developer which joins us.

4. Offline

zachoooo

So you don't mind if the person release the plugin publicly then? That makes sense then if you are basically just telling your developers ideas then.

5. Offline

Sambhur

Well basically yes, but I want to make sure that if I need a feature to be added to it, it will.

6. Offline

Melonix

7. Offline

jamietech

Hi,
    This forum is for requesting help with developing plugins (meaning YOU'RE developing).
    If you wish to request a plugin (or multiple plugins) go to the plugin request forum instead.

8. Offline

Milkywayz

I love how the staff on minecraft servers come here and ask for developers like it would be a privilege to code for them so we should get paid nothing except a rank which i would just play the whole time with those shiny new commands and not even work. zachoooo always puts it right.. And as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure this guy advertised a few days ago with the same thing. If someone is going to go learn the towny api, build a way to make the cuboid for the plots, set up commands, permissions, configuration, etc etc all for free? I guess if they made it public but then it isnt coding just for your server

loothed and SgtStud like this.
  9. Offline

NinjaWAffles

I'm pretty sure all of the posts before me explain what I am about to say. I am in the process of learning Java, Minecraft, and the Bukkit API, because I think it's fun. I barely ever play Minecraft unless I am testing my plugins. Like everyone else has said, developers don't want the "position," or "title." As @zachoooo said: "When it comes to developers, you get what you pay for." That line is absolutely true, and in some other posts, you have mentioned that you wouldn't mind if the plugin was publicly release, so, if that is the case, then you should post it on the Plugin Requests section.

http://forums.bukkit.org/forums/plugin-requests.13/

10. Offline

Sambhur

Well to be honest I don't need five to tell me what you all are saying. Anyway thanks to your all. I have finally started to learn java myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.