LoginCommand+

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Derugo, May 4, 2014.

1. Offline

Derugo

Plugin category: Miscellaneous

Suggested name: LoginCommand+

What I want: I'd like a plugin which executes commands upon a player's login (almost immediately executed but so it's not the first thing in chat) depending on their groups.

Here's a config example. I'd like the config to be some-what similar if not the exact same.
    http://pastebin.com/RFmzJkmi

I don't want it to run the commands as the player, but through the console.

I'd also like the variable <player> in the config to be replaced with the player's username.

I only want it to execute the commands if the player's in that group. It'd need a way of checking which group the player's in as I don't want it to enable things such as fly, god and giving creative out to players in groups that don't have that command.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: No permissions needed for this plugin.

When I'd like it by: ASAP

2. Offline

DotDash

3. Offline

Derugo

DotDash Doesn't work the way I want it to. That plugin runs off permissions which isn't what I want. Plus if using inheritance for permissions that'd take a while to setup to work correctly.

4. Offline

fefe2008

Derugo
    Inheritances only cause Problems with most Group Specific plugins I would not use them and rather just add the few lines of Permission Nodes to every group. It saves you alot of trouble.

5. Offline

Crud41

I'm confused, you said "No permissions" at the bottom, yet you want the login commands to be sorted by group.

Either way, I see this being an easy plugin to make if there is a set amount of groups, which would of course, basically make it server specific. I'll look into it.

6. Offline

Derugo

fefe2008 The ranks I have and the perks/commands I give them will make the permissions file extremely complicated. Inheritance is worth asking for a new plugin to be made as it saves a lot more trouble than not using it. Using inheritance, you can remove one permission from say the group "default", which all ranks run off on my server and just add the extra permission nodes for that group, this will remove access to the command from all groups, not using inheritance you would have to go through every group and remove it, even with Notepad++ with the replace x with x, you still have the space you'd need to go through and remove.

I have the default rank, a builder rank, streamer(twitch) rank, youtube rank, 9 donator ranks and 6 staff ranks.

Crud41 Check the config example, this is what I mean with sorted by group. Say Default has /eco give 50, other commands are available, in the config, if a player is in the group Default, the command "eco give 50" will be run through the console.

7. Offline

Onlineids

The main problem is: permission plugins get player groupS not group so its hard to differentiate, which is why most plugins do it by perms