Login then quick Disconnect.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Jordan011, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jordan011

Code:
    2011-02-01 16:06:48 [INFO] burned05 [/IP OF PLAYER]
     id 18592
    Player count: 2
    2011-02-01 16:06:48 [INFO] burned05 lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream
    2011-02-01 16:06:50 [INFO] Freed 168.52588653564453 MB.
    Players will connect but then disconnect shortly, I can still login.

1).Os: Windows 7 Ultimate
    2).Bitrate: x64
    3).Java: 1.6.0_23
    4).Build #:161
    5).Command: java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    6).Plugins: SearchIds, Permissions, Essentials, ChatColors, BackupPlugin
    7).Error: 2011-02-01 16:06:48 [INFO] burned05 lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream
    8).Plan: Changed the DNS server to my default gateway IP, was using Google's free DNS.
    9).Tests: Tried using minecraft_server.jar, same thing happened, so it's how i have things configured on my router or network. I'm using the TEW-652brp, I have ports forwarded to my IP - which is set up like So...

[​IMG]

If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I might need to update the router firmware, as I have hard reset it to re-gain access to the admin account.

2. Offline

TnT

DNS isn't your problem, I can tell you that right now. The rest will have to wait until I can get home and analyze your post further.

3. Offline

Pezmantbh

This may sound bizarre, but what Ethernet Controller are you using?

I had an issue with one of my dedicated servers a while back that would give players this error, and it was due to the specific model of ECI we had on the dedi.

4. Offline

TnT

Double check your Windows firewall. I'd make sure you have both TCP and UDP ports forwarded at your router, and make sure your java process is free and clear to connect to the internet (aka, not blocked by Windows).

5. Offline

Jordan011

Okay, now, this may make me sound like a total Newfag, but what's an ethernet controller? If it's how I'm connected to the internet (or if it matters) it's through a wireless adapter, wpn011 Netgear adapter (it's absolute crap and i need to replace it with an internal card for net hacking). I haven't had a chance to update my router firmware but I'll get that as soon as I'm home.

Thanks for responding so quick guys, any other tests I can run, or screenies I need to take, let me know, I'll do it.

About the firewall, I've turned the firewall on my PC all the way off, I've run an hMod server before I had to reset the router (Up to date on the firmware) and now that i got lazy and reset it, it's not working a much as I hoped.

RANDOM: There's a button on the router that says like "WPS" or something like that, I believe it's for an access check that gets sent network wide for authentication, IDK, I haven't pressed it b/c I'm somewhat scared of it, lol.

6. Offline

clanslots

This happened to me a few days ago.
    After redownloading the minecraft jar and craftbukkit, it started working again.

7. Offline

Pezmantbh

Redownloading the Minecraft_Server.jar file won't fix it - CB doesn't use it. Redownloading CB may work.

@Jordan011 - I am unable to find a fix for you just yet, I'm on my tiny netbook screen :p I'll take a look later.

8. Offline

Jordan011

I re-downloaded CB and it didn't fix the error.

9. Offline

Pezmantbh

Please try removing all of your plugins and see if that fixes it.

10. Offline

Jordan011

Wouldn't removing my plugins just be like running minecraft_server.jar? Also, My router is up to date on firmware, so that's not the problem.

Firewalls are def. off, and the antivirus I have doesn't have it's own firewall so that's not it.

11. Offline

Pezmantbh

Please run it with no plugins in. This lets us see if it is a problem with one of your plugins, and we are then able to begin the process of identifying which one.

12. Offline

Jordan011

[ip]:25565 try it.

I'll be leaving my house, I'l leave it on, just let me know if it works or not.

13. Offline

Pezmantbh

Yeah, its giving me a connection reset error... And the second time i tried i got a timeout. Do you mind trying it without plugins when you get the chance? Thanks :)

14. Offline

Jordan011

That was w/o plugins.

15. Offline

Pezmantbh

Ah ok. It is a long shot, but try updating CraftBukkit.

16. Offline

Plague

Try it without craftbukkit altogether, like you said, run minecraft_server.jar

17. Offline

Pezmantbh

I knew I had forgotten something. I really need to make a checklist of the normal things to go through when someone is having problems, I always forget something :p

18. Offline

Jordan011

Lol, no worries.

The only thing I can think that's changed between when I had an hMod server is the fact that I'm using this crappy wireless adapter, It has trouble - alot. So I might run an ethernet test to see if it could be my adapter being too slow. (or if I buy an adapter I'll post results too) Thanks for all the help so far, I didn't expect this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.