Log - Find out who broke what bloke or placed one.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by codemanj94, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Offline

codemanj94

Plugin category: Admin-Tools, Anti-Grief Tools

Suggested name: Sticklog, Doesn't matter

A bit about me: I own a small multiworld server. Greifers come regularly, and we don't always have people on to watch everyone.

What I want: I had a plugin called just "Log", but he doesn't show any sign in updating it.
    Basically, you hold a stick as an OP, and right click any block, then it will tell you who broke it or placed one and when they did so.

Ideas for commands: /stick

Ideas for permissions: stick.use - Enables the plugin for whoever has permission.

When I'd like it by: Whenever. As soon as possible. This was a VERY useful plugin.

Similar plugin requests: None

Devs who might be interested in this: pokepal101

2. Offline

Greylocke

3. Offline

codemanj94

I have tried those yes.
    Neither have been updated in a while and they aren't what I am looking for.
    Thanks anyway.

4. Offline

Sanzennin

Well, you can try SWatchdog. Last update: a few moments ago.
    It will tell you who broke, or placed, and when. Though you do not use stick, as the plugin aims to do minimum amount of unneccessary actions, to keep your server running light and lagfree. Instead, you look at what you want and type command /sws l (whcih is shortcut for /sniff look)
    You can also use /sws rad (shortcut for /sniff radius) which will tell you about what happened in the place you are standing.
    There are other longer commands too, and additional features. You can also enable/disable logging of different types of actions, like if explosions are disabled on your server, you can disable logging explosions.
    Basically, you only need to throw the swatchdog.jar into your plugins folder, and it'll work. No setup needed.

5. Offline

Greylocke

LogBlock does exactly what you asked for in your OP. You can even use a stick if you want. The author is all over the forum, actively supporting his plugin. There were 8 updates in February and already 1 in March. It is pretty much the standard for block logging.

Seems like a perfect fit, based on what you described... But there are other options. Good luck on your quest.

6. Offline

Sanzennin

Maybe he doesn't like setting up SQL databases?

7. Offline

codemanj94

Okay thanks guys. I'm going to try SWatchDog. If that doesn't work, I'll try Logblock.
    I see that it actually is updated on the Jenkins page.