Loading and saving world to disk

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by JamEngulfer221, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JamEngulfer221

I'm creating a plugin that has 2 identical pre-generated worlds that are located in the server folder. People are periodically teleported to their exact coordinates on the other world.

I've looked at and experimented with the WorldCreator class, but I can't figure out how to load a world from disk and keep auto-saving to that world as people play.

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

I've tried to load a world using

Code:java
    1. World world2;
    2. WorldCreator otherworld = new WorldCreator("otherworld").environment(Environment.NORMAL).generateStructures(true).seed(0);
    3. world2 = Bukkit.createWorld(otherworld);

There is a folder in the server directory called "otherworld" but I don't know if that is enough to make it work.

Really? Has nobody ever used this class before? Do I have a unique problem nobody has ever come across before?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Offline

aredherring

So let me get something straight -
    You want to generate an identical world to the second every time the server is started? Or do you want every change in world 1 to be shown in world 2 (ie they are literally the same world)? Or..?

3. Offline

JUSTCAMH

wait isn't it the overworld not otherworld?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.