Keys and lock

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by FlOppy, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Offline

FlOppy

Hello.

I would like to know if this is possible to name an item, then to right click on a door, to link the item named and the door together so no one can open the door only if you have the item (named) in the hands.

That would make a key yeah finally i bring to you another idea how to make a key now i just wait to know if this is possible, to make the name of the item only go in the anvil name it.

If you link many doors with the same item (named) then all the doors would open with the same item (key).

I wait to know if someone thinks this is possible to make and why not someone who want to code it.

Good night.

2. Offline

nxtguy

This is possible, but what is stopping someone from just naming another item to the keyname? Then they can access the door too.

3. Offline

FlOppy

Yeah, then i think about making an belinging item, only the item who belong to the creator of the key and door link can open the door but if the creator gives or lost the key to someone, then this someone can open the door but he can't make another key because it would be his key and not the creator's key.

Am i enough clear ? i am very tired lol.

4. Offline

LegoPal92

It is actually quite possible, I just do not have time to do this, you can use invisible characters, or something. Or you can use metadata, or UUID's or something along those lines.

5. Offline

nxtguy

Yes, I was thinking of byte data or something like that. (Items have a UUID?)

6. Offline

LegoPal92

Yes, Items do have a UUID. Or at least, they should, I did some research a while back, and found that they did, but that may have changed.

7. Offline

nxtguy

FlOppy So would you be alright with there just being one unique key per door?

8. Offline

FlOppy

No not at all. Only one key but you can copy this key like we can copy book with some plugins.

Are you serious one key ? how could it work for some big castle where 50 players can access to the door ? we need 50 keys to open it.

I don't know how you want to make it, but obviously it ain't possible to copy an item ? If this is possible try to make only the owner of the first key can copy it.

Really one key would suck...

9. Offline

Lostminecraft

This plugin sounds amazing, I just want to bump this up so others can see - Also you should get a different plugin for the copying of the key like - chest regen - mob drops etc. , But I am looking for something like this