java.net.ConnectException Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jdietz43, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jdietz43

Today I began receiving this error upon trying to connect to my Minecraft server:

"Internal client error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect"

Now hear me out first before you start rolling any eyeballs, it was working earlier today i.e. it was at one point set up properly and I'm not entirely inept (well maybe just a little, lol).

So far:
    I've verified that port 25565 is open with a third party service, and I'm using my internal IP address to access the server. The server itself isn't giving any new errors or discrepancies. I've reset my network settings and verified firewalls are open, as far as I can tell I'm just fine and haven't changed any settings. I re-installed Java and re-downloaded CraftBukkit 1060's .jar to make sure it wasn't something being corrupted. The world attempted to access also doesn't seem to make a difference. Turning off the firewall didn't seem to make any difference either.

More mysterious is the fact the server window recognizes that people had brief connections to it in the form of:

"[INFO] /(IP address here) lost connection"

This shows up for both me, and the 3rd party port checker's IP. So the connection at least makes it that far before being cut off for some reason.

I know this is probably one of the most general problems someone could have for a server, "not connecting". But I find it really strange that it worked earlier today and now is giving me errors. I know 1.8 is coming soon... would that have anything to do with this at all? If you have any inkling what might be causing this I'd appreciate any ideas.

2. Offline

Maleckai

I've been getting the same thing since I tried this afternoon. I can't imagine what caused it. There's been no change to my Minecraft version, nor the bukkit version, nor have I installed or removed any mods or changed any settings. I've checked the port, and it is certainly open. I have no idea what's causing it. Any light to shed, anyone?

Ok, upon a little research, it seems to be something wrong with the Minecraft logon server (For account validation). If you're not running a public server, disable online mode in server.properties for the time being, and it'll allow access.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  3. Offline

jdietz43

Wonderful! That solved it for me as well.

I'm always happy to hear that it's not my fault when things go wrong lol.

I was about to say that "http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/problem-starting-bukkit.36308/" was having the same problem, but if that fixes it then I should say so there as well...

I guess the 1.8 hype is taking a toll on Minecraft.net.

4. Offline

parker_digg

Mojang is working on the minecraft.net website, the server is unstable. Plus, there has been an unusual amount of people joining for the 1.8 pre-release and getting back into the game for it. I don't plan on it getting better soon, this has happened before with other updates.

5. Offline

bazrox

ok what if u dot run a server and is only trying to get to others D: casue right now its doing it and i dont know how to FIX IT D:

6. Offline

xXPurpleGodXx

well sometimes if minecraft servers are not working,what I do is write a list of my server ip and others' ips.Then I goto start and type %appdata% then RIGHT CLICK Minecraft and delete it,then I goto minecraft.net run minecraft angain type the ips back in and that SOMETIMES works for me feel free to try it!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.