Jar does not contain plugin.yml

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by KiF, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KiF

I've been trying to export my plugin and run it on my server, but it doesn't even load. When I looked into console, I noticed this specific line:
    Funny thing is, I do have a plugin.yml file in my jar file. I put it in my src folder, which I believe is correct. I named it correctly (plugin.yml), and I even found a YAML validator online and validated my .yml file. So, I don't really know how to fix this. Any suggestions?

Anyone who can solve this deserves a cookie.

2. Offline

DeluXeNationMC

Try to delete the plugin.yml file make a new one and use this format:

name: <PluginName>
    main: <Package>.<MainClass>
    version: <Version>
    author: <YourName>

commands:
    <CommandName>:
    description: <Description>

3. Offline

Necrodoom

4. Offline

es359

This is where I always put my plugin.yml.

Could you show more of the stacktrace? KiF

[​IMG]

5. Offline

Adriani6

You should right click on the project and then Refresh it, then try exporting it again.
    Also make sure your main is pointing to the correct class.

6. Offline

KiF

hmmm...
    I tried moving it out of the src file like es359 said, but that didn't work.
    I also tried refreshing the project like Adriani6 said, but that also didn't work.
    In both cases, I still got the same error, so no change there. But thanks for the suggestions! Any more suggestions from anyone will be great!

7. Offline

Garris0n

Decompile the jar and see if the plugin.yml is there, and, if so, where it is.

KiF likes this.
  8. Offline

KiF

Thanks for the suggestion Garris0n, I looked around the file and found out that the plugin.yml file wasn't there. After some googling, I managed to fix it! Thanks for the suggestion!

You deserve a cookie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.