Is there a way to convert a soloplayer mod to a Bukkit plugin?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by comz123, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

comz123

I did not really know where to post this but I was wondering is there a way to do that? I made a mod for soloplayer and I wanted to know if there is a way to make it work for Bukkit? Thx :D

2. Nope, not possible.

3. Offline

Professor29

While both are written in Java, Bukkit uses its own set of hooks and options to make sure its plugins don't cause issues with the server. The only way you would be able to convert it would be a complete rewrite. The main code might function, but all of your hooks and calls would need to be changed...

4. MCP mods don't work the same way bukkit plugins work, you don't have events and stuff D:

@ Thread

Build your custom craftbukkit with your mod in it would probably work but it would take forever to do..

anyways u can also look @ ItemCraft OR this http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-flans-all-sdks-all-alblakas-industrialcraft/

5. Also keep in mind the fact that most client mods edit something that happens on the client side, not the server side. That makes it impossible for a server side mod to do some of the things a client mod does.

6. Offline

Taco

It all depends on what the mod does. If it does something the server could do, such as make pistons launch players or stop creepers from destroying the land, then a plugin can be made for it. However, if it does something like adding new items/blocks/entities/etc, a plugin cannot do this.

7. Offline

muCkk

Just found this thread searching on google. You can convert mods (here are some examples), but if you have new stuff (items, blocks..) you need to modifiy the client too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.