IntelliJ vs Eclipse

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by MukkitLukkit, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MukkitLukkit

Hey Guys ,

As I'm new to coding, I'm stuck on what program to use , IntelliJ or Eclipse? Please may you help me out. Please can you comment , which one you use or another program and why? Please HELP ME !

MukkitLukkit ( MukkitL ) ( Harry )

2. Offline

ProjectInfinity

I highly recommend IntelliJ. Try both though, see what you like.

3. Offline

Dpasi314

Eclipse is nice to start out due to it's straight-forward-ness I suppose, I recently changed to IntelliJ and it generally has a nicer look, and feel. But they do the same thing... however.... IntelliJ let's you great GitHub Gists in the IDE. :3
    #DealBreaker

4. I'm an aboslute IntelliJ fanboy but I also like Netbeans.

5. Offline

MukkitLukkit

Cheers <3 Do you know anyone that would give lessons on how to code ? I'm looking for someone?

6. Offline

mazentheamazin

Can you send me how you changed it? Since I'm using eclipse but I don't like the look of IntelliJ. So, I'm interested to see the way you changed it.

7. Offline

Dpasi314

I didn't change the UI of IntelliJ, I'm saying that it looks nicer to me in general, at least the dark version of it.

8. Offline

mazentheamazin

Dpasi314
    I personally like the way my eclipse looks:
    [​IMG]

9. Offline

Garris0n

Nice, except for the icons...also how can you do anything with such small windows?

10. Uhm, I used the internet :p

11. Offline

MukkitLukkit

Err , do u know any links that I could possible use or any youtubes / tutorials ?

12. Offline

Not2EXceL

Honestly Eclipse only looks nice if I use my arch's look and feel from the openbox theme I have, but then intellij looks just as good with the theme too. I just prefer IntelliJ since Eclipse feels clunky for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.