[INACTIVE][FUN] WolfNames v1.1 - A simple wolf naming plugin [670]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by speeddemon92, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Offline

speeddemon92

WolfNames (Razor) - A simple wolf naming plugin
    Version: v1.1

This plugin was made per request found here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/req-wolf-names.11244/

Ever wanted to name your wolves you've tamed? Well here is you chance with WolfNames! Now you can treat your wolves as if they were real pets! By using the Bone after taming a wolf you can issue the set or show command and right-click the wolf to either name it or show its name.

Features:
    • Set names of tamed wolves
    • Show names of tamed wolves
    • Permissions support
    Download:
    Download v1.1 [670]

Previous Versions:
    Download v1.0 [617]

Commands:
    • /wolfname set <name> - Set the name of a wolf
      Parameters: <name>: Name to give the wolf
      Example: /wolfname set Frank - Set the wolf's name to "Frank"
    • /wolfname show - Shows the name of a wolf
      Example: /wolfname show - Show the name of the selected wolf
    How to Use:
    Set wolf name:
    Make sure the wolf is tamed. If not tame it and be sure to keep at least 1 bone for setting the name.​
    Issue command: /wolfname set <name> where <name> is the name you want to give your tamed wolf.​
    Right-click the wolf with the bone in hand and Viola! If it does not give a message then try to right-click it again until it gives you a message that the name has been set.​

Show wolf name:
    Make sure the wolf, of which you wish to find the name, has been tamed whether by you or another player.​
    Issue command: /wolfname show
    Right-click the wolf with the bone in hand as you would to set the name of a wolf.​

Permissions:
    Code:
    wolfnames.set    # Allows user to set the names of his/her tamed wolves
    wolfnames.show   # Allows user to see the names of any tamed wolf

Example config with notes:
    Code:
    permissions:
      enabled: false   # Enable use of permissions plugin if it exists.
      OPonly: false    # Allow only OP's to use this plugin if Permissions support is disabled.
                       # If enabled and OPonly are set to false any player may use this plugin

TODO:
    • Add this plugin as a base to the WIP plugin WolfPack
    • Add persistence for wolf names
    • Add ability to rename wolves
    • Fix bug of trying to use a command when the previous one has not cleared yet
    • Keep this plugin up-to-date and working with the latest craftbukkit build
    Changelog:
    Version 1.1 - Codename: Razor
    • Fixed minor bugs with Permissions
    • Fixed bug where anyone could name any tamed wolf regardless of owner
    • Fixed on wolf death message to only the owner receives a message instead of broadcast
    Version 1.0 - Codename: Snark
    • Added Permissions support
    • Had to remove wolf name persistence as entityID's chance on reboot
    Version 1.0a - Codename: Skawk
    • Initial release. Too buggy to release to public

kahlilnc likes this.
  2. Offline

JHeim

It doesn't show their names... I'm using bukkit 662

3. Offline

lazaris117

there is one bug that you need to fix and its that the wolfs names go away in like 5 min or something its happend to me multible times plz fix

4. Offline

Soryo

loading this plugin made all my wolves disappear :(

5. Offline

woodzy

it loaded just fine but names arnt showing up :/
    no errors to be seen

6. Offline

nethenic

Great plug and great idea !

Nevertheless :
    • One bug I've found : When the wolf seat down, commands "set" and "show" doesn't work, the wolf has to be standing up.
    • One suggestion : It would be very cool to show up the wolve's names like the names of the players (and why not let the player choose the color ?)

Thanx and great work again !

7. Offline

blakefire

It wont work for me at all :( no error, edited config...

8. Offline

kahlilnc

So does the wolf have a name over it. Like a player does.

9. Offline

ambientmf

This question was answered at the bottom of the first page. Short answer, no. Not without a client-side mod.

10. Offline

Plague

considered inactive

11. Offline

speeddemon92

Sorry everyone I've been busy with school. I've figured out a system to save names and reassign them to the wolves though it will be somewhat random until I finish my API system to control the names better.

12. Offline

speeddemon92

Well this plugin has been inactive for too long will be updated for those who want the basic features back. On a side note, there is a new plugin is emerging that is better than the promised WolfPack. It is a collaboration between @halvors and myself with the majority of the credit going to @halvors. It will be released as soon as we finish it and fix the bugs and this plugin will be updated with the new code found in the new plugin that maintains persistent names. Sorry for soo much delay but keep your eyes peeled as it will be out soon :)

13. Offline

halvors

No, credit shouldn't go just to me :(

14. Offline

notanimposter

If the floaty-names can only be done with a client mod, how does it work on NPCs in all the MMORPG server mods?
    I feel like there might be a way to do it, but IDK. I don't know too much Java, but I have C#, Obj-C, and C++ experience.

15. Offline

cholo71796

Wolves aren't players. NPCs are considered players

16. Offline

TheNander

Doesn't NPC stand for Non-Player Character. Therefore a Wolf is an npc and a player is not.

17. Offline

cholo71796

I'm not talking about terminology. The workaround for what plugins use as human NPCs is having a plugin spawn a false player at a location.