How would I go about it?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by noseynose03, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

noseynose03

Hi Bukkit.
    Here's my story: I want to make a bukkit server. My tower PC has more RAM than my laptop, so I want to host the server on the tower PC, but I want to access everything from my laptop like the console, files, etc. What would I use? Multicraft? If so, how? I have no idea how to set it up.

Thanks,
    noseynose03

The Founder of the retired Sugarcane PVP
    The Founder of the in-complete ________ Network :)

2. Offline

TheEntropy

@noseynose03 Well, you can have it running on your tower like normal, but access it through RealVNC (a remote desktop type thing). http://www.realvnc.com/ There are probably plugins to do this, as well. :p

3. Offline

noseynose03

Thanks, but what plugins?
    I want to easily access it.

4. Offline

TheEntropy

@noseynose03 Looks like many of the plugins (that I know of) for remote access have all been abandoned. Sorry :/ Google and curseforge are you friends, though. You should be able to find a remote-access plugin somewhere.

5. @noseynose03 Just set up a local web server on your desktop then put MultiCraft on it. Then you can use your laptop to go on MultiCraft and manage your server.

TheEntropy likes this.
  6. Offline

noseynose03

how would I do that

7. Offline

TheEntropy

@noseynose03 Are you referring to setting up a web server? :eek: or setting up MultiCraft?

8. Offline

noseynose03

Is there another way I can do this? I tried multicraft on some test server and got
    couldn't access... minecraft_server.jar
    Ik mc isn't a jar it's an exe so I was like no. :p

9. Offline

teej107

Your Minecraft launcher is an exe. The server software is a jar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.