How to set a server to peaceful?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Brawlitall, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Brawlitall

Hi, I'm working on getting my first server up (yay me) and I was wanting to know how to set it to peaceful while it's in "construction phase"

I looked around and couldn't find any clear answers, also, your search bar appears to be broken, so I couldn't search the forums for answers. =(

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated!

2. Offline

Orcem12

Easy and Simple ;)
    Let me walk you through using these steps:
    1. Find your Server Folder on your computer (Where your .bat file is located)
    2. Find a File named "Server.properties"
    3. Open it up using Notepad or Notepad++, any text reader works.
    4. Find where it says "spawn-monsters=true"
    5. Set it to "spawn-monsters=false"
    6. Save the file and enjoy!
    Hope I was of any assistance. Skype: Irishawesome (in case you need more general help)

3. Offline

Brawlitall

Ahah! Thank you Orcem. That was so obvious I can't believe I didn't try it. xD

4. Offline

Orcem12

No problem :) Always glad to help.

5. Offline

botboy10

Hey, I tried this and everything else, I did Difficulty=1 and turned it to Difficulty=0
    I also tried turning gamerule doMobSpawning to false, I also did /difficulty peaceful

BUT NO MATTER WHAT THE HELL I TRY, THERE ARE A TON OF MOBS! HELP?!

P.S, I am using MultiWorld, And that's where they are spawning alot.

6. Offline

MegaNarwhal

Try /mvmodify set difficulty PEACEFUL in the world that it's happening in. Multiverse allows per-world difficulties and Bukkit's /difficulty only sets the server.properties file's difficulty (which is for the whole server, and gets overridden by Multiverse), so this is likely the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.