How to fix an "io.netty" error

Discussion in 'General Help' started by NarwhelZhu, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

NarwhelZhu

Whenever I try to join my own server I can't, and it gives me this error: "io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: No further information:"

I have no idea what the error means or how to solve it. At first I thought it was because my server needed to be updated, so I updated BuildTools and the console was fine, but it was still giving me that error when I tried to join. I don't think it's any of my plugins either. What does the error mean and can someone tell me possible ways to fix it?

2. @NarwhelZhu
    It basically means the client can't communicate with your server. This could mean a lot of things, including:
    • Your server is not switched on
    • Your server is not port forwarded correctly
    • Your server is not connected to the internet in a reachable way for the client
    • Your client is not connected to the internet in a way that it can reach the server

3. Offline

NarwhelZhu

Hm... Well, it was able to connect just fine for 2 weeks before this happened, so I have no idea what's wrong with it. It was port forwarded correctly since the first time I did it, so I don't know how it could un-portforward. If it has something to do with my internet, then I don't know what. And I'm definitely sure that the server is on when I try to join.

4. @NarwhelZhu
    Could be that your IP address has changed. Double check that you're using the one from whatsmyip.org (you should use 'localhost' if you're joining from the same computer as the server, but others should use the whatsmyip one), and also double check the local ip address in the port forward settings on your router (you can get your local ip by typing 'ipconfig' in command prompt in windows).

5. Offline

DibDab_Gaming

What host are you using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.