How to find cheaters hidden chests? (Server Admin)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Ametz, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ametz

I installed a mod "iconomy" and a buy/sell server mod and tested it out alittle.
    Next day i had a msn message saying some of the players had found out that 1 item
    was cheaper to buy then to sell, so they had made a script running all night so they had like 150 millon.

But that's ok, its easy to change the wallet of ppl, but how the heck do i gona find those 10-15 chests filled with diamonds that they have hidden somewhere now? (It needs to be delited to make it fair on the server again)

I have tested little with (7hr) McEdit, but it takes alot of time on a big world.
    Is there some other program i can use to search throu the map/chests to find where those hidden chests can be?

Or what can i do?

2. Offline

Jaker232

Try to stop it by disabling the economy and find who made the script, perma and IP ban them and their friends.

Or get a tracker. I can code one for you.

3. Offline

Vhab

A logging plugin such as hawkeye allows you to search all interactions players have with chests.
    If you don't have it installed, install it now and keep an eye on suspicious transactions.
    If someone takes a bunch of diamonds out of a chest, visit that chest later to check the contents.

4. Offline

Ametz

Anyone can do a keyboard script.
    Its just something that types forever:
    /shop buy 64 [ID]
    /shop sell 64 [ID]
    /shop buy 64 [ID]
    /shop sell 64 [ID]
    etc..
    And since they got more by selling then it costed to buy it so... hrhr

So even if i remove the iconomy mod now, the resources is still in the server.
    I fixed the price issue so its not cheaper to buy then to sell anymore, but the damage is done,
    there is ALOT of extra diamonds on the server atm.. And i need to find them somehow..

5. Offline

Vhab

Read my reply? :)

6. Offline

Ametz

7. Offline

Vhab

Don't mention it to your users :)

From your server log you already should have been able to note which players have made excessive purchases they might be hiding.

Also install the web interface that comes with it, it'll make searching a ton easier.
    Once a day you can just take a glance and what people have put in or out of chests to see if something grabs your attention.
    If any of these offending users pull a diamond or other purchased materials from a chest, you can just warp to that chest later to check the contents.
    Hawkeye will give you all the information you need to find that particular chest.

8. Offline

JohnTheRipper

Install a 1.0 xray mod and one of the various invisibility plugins. Then, tp to people randomly and use xray to look for chests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.